Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedpause
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 161

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

Go to solution

Bear in mind speeds fluctuate all the time... as good as the router is, it compensates for Channel noise in the neighbourhood... so even mine drops speed regularly...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
ihassan1
Contributor
Message 62 of 161

Go to solution

@law94air

I do have FTTC with BT not Full fibre yet mate. Might go onto FTTP soon thou Thought i'd get more than 20-30 on a 80mbps thou!! Wifi/ wireless is a minefield and hit and miss!

@jedpause top man thanks get me some screen graps when you have the energy I guess!

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 161

Go to solution

Hi guys, I know this may seem a bit odd but how can I install wifi 6 adapter on my windows PC? I just discovered that mine is still on 802:11ac

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 64 of 161

Go to solution

@Catune 

I have done both my laptops. Quite an easy job mate.

Watch this video. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
ThinkPadUser
Contributor
Message 65 of 161

Go to solution

Also, be aware that some manufacters of laptops (most notibility Lenovo) lock down BIOSes with a whitelist of allowed PCI cards. On these machines, you can only use USB adapters or flash a custom BIOS (do at your own risk)

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 161

Go to solution

@busterboy1 

Thank you for this. However, I'm not ready to deal with HP white/blacklist. 

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 67 of 161

Go to solution

@ThinkPadUser 

I think I will go with the USB adapter option. I've seen that on YouTube. Thanks for the pointer anyway. I'm also considering getting ASUS RT-AX88U router but it's a bit expensive though - £300.

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 68 of 161

Go to solution

@ThinkPadUser 

Also, be aware that some manufactures of laptops (most notability Lenovo) lock down BIOSes with a whitelist of allowed PCI cards. On these machines, you can only use USB adapters or flash a custom BIOS (do at your own risk)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

You may be correct in your statement above mate but one of my laptops is a Lenovo and it fitted and works a charm with a Killer WiFi6 card  with zero issues.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
ThinkPadUser
Contributor
Message 69 of 161

Go to solution

I think the Lenovo whitelisted BIOS mostly affects ThinkPads:

https://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Custom_BIOS

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 161

Go to solution

Hi guys,

I finally got my ASUS RT-AX88U router delivered today. However, the performance was far below my expectation. I have tried different configurations including the ones suggested here but none was able to perform better than the SH2 in terms of speed and range. So, I'm wondering if you have any pointer that can help improve things a bit. At the moment, I'm getting around 60+Mbps on AX88U and 80+Mbps on the SH2. both with my Samsung Galaxy S8 device. I must say that I'm surprised that the SH2 is giving me this speed today as I usually get about 60 Mbps from it. 

Note: I have FTTP with a speed of 150Mbps

0 Ratings