Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedpause
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 161

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

Go to solution

60 and 80 just seem slow anyway  for that phone and service, have you had the 150 for ages or just installed...

Galaxy S8 has WiFi AC standard so should be good, ensure 5Gz and 20/40 &160 Hz are enabled with the drop down and checkbox ...

What about laptops and other devices?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 72 of 161

Go to solution

@jedpause 

Hope you don't mind mate, I saved your settings a while back.😁

These might help @Catune  with his problem.

Same router. 😉1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Kilgeever53
Contributor
Message 73 of 161

Go to solution

I'm confused.

Not so much by the technical terminology ( although that baffles me no end).

Nor by the number of customers facing a broadband download service providing about 20% of what is paid for.

Nor indeed the apparent acceptance by some posters that we should be discussing this. See below.....

What truly baffles is the willingness to accept that it is our responsibility to address the problems in a system we pay for. I do not know of any other purchase agreement where the purchaser spends both time and money attempting to correct an issue with the service advertised. 

Surely it is BTs responsibility. It is BT advertised a service which many subscribers do not enjoy. Imagine if this was a car whose engine would not exceed 45mph! You would return it. Some on here would buy another engine perhaps.

Ah well.

0 Ratings
davidsheddan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 74 of 161

Go to solution

Over wired or wireless?

0 Ratings
davidsheddan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 75 of 161

Go to solution

Apologies - see you’re on a phone. First step is to confirm the router is getting 150 wired connection; if it is then next steps for me would be air magnet or auch wireless scanners to see if you’re on ideal Wi-fi band.

Are you connecting on 2.4Gon/5g band?

Are you in detached property or surrounded by flats?

Usual sources of interference; dect phone, baby’s monitor microwave - 

0 Ratings
nexus23
Beginner
Message 76 of 161

Go to solution

Hi All,

Just got my 900Mbps package installed. I was told I will be getting 900Mbps down and 110Mbps Up. Everything is good, apart from upload which is less than half 50Mbps, looks like it`s capped to 50, not sure why? Do you have the same thing?

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 161

Go to solution

@jedpauseI used the setup you posted earlier (as posted by @busterboy1 now) and there was no improvement. As a matter of fact, that’s still my current setup. I have attached some pictures of my setup if that would help.

I also played around with the antennas' positions and there was no improvement beyond the 60+ Mbps. So, please help a brother.

WAN_configWAN_config

WAN_config_2WAN_config_2

Wireless-GeneralWireless-General

Wireless-ProfessionalWireless-Professional

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 161

Go to solution

@Kilgeever53 Don't be confused mate. BT is the only broadband provider in my area and I believe the same applies to many new build homes. I would have left them since if there was an alternative. Spending £300 on a router just to improve the wifi is not funny at all. I hope you understand.

0 Ratings
Kilgeever53
Contributor
Message 79 of 161

Go to solution

I understand fully and there's nothing funny at all.

BT are letting people down. And with a local monopoly it's even more unfair.

0 Ratings
Catune
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 161

Go to solution

@davidsheddan Wireless mate. I don't really have a problem wired. Just that I currently use my dinning room as my home office and running a surface LAN cable from the router to my work station means that my kids will play with it and possibly cut the cable. It is also a safety hazard as it can cause tripping or strangulation. Besides all the 3 ports in the SH2 are full. 

0 Ratings