Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ccerr39783
Aspiring Contributor
Message 101 of 186

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

Go to solution

In order for your mobile phone to be able to use the higher speeds you must be on 5g not the older 2.4g. Also unfortunately a lot goes into getting the most from the wifi in your home like distance from the router obstacles between you and your router which can include, walls, wireless phones, audio/video equipment and so much more. So if you are not getting the speed you think you should be you should first check your connected to the 5g then relocate the router (if possible) don't need to move it far to make a big difference. Also change channels that you are getting your WiFi signal as there could be interference on that channel.

Well I hope this helps 

Also it could take up to a week for your broadband speed to settle down as when it is first installed the speed will go up and down as the system tries to find the best speed with the least errors. 

0 Ratings
legend_of_chaos
Beginner
Message 102 of 186

Go to solution

I've had full fibre for a week and I'm totally disappointed with what I've got, wired speed is under 150Mbps, WiFi is between 380Mbps and 450Mbps, I've had a new SH2, and a new ONT and this is the speed I have, the guy I spoke to on Wednesday said they have looked at the line and its fine, I find this hard to believe as this is woeful, he's calling me back in the morning and im going to ask to be put back on my previous package, don't sell a product if you can't deliver BT.

bp1000
Aspiring Contributor
Message 103 of 186

Go to solution

That speed over Wi-fi is decent. 350-450Mbps over Wi-fi is to be expected and a decent average 

Your wired speed is obviously affected by something. I would check your Ethernet port is connected at full duplex 1Gbps and that you are using a cable capable of 1Gbps. 

you also need to check your OS settings 

0 Ratings
legend_of_chaos
Beginner
Message 104 of 186

Go to solution
Cable is 1 meter cat 5e plugged directly into SH2 into my new laptop
0 Ratings
nexus23
Beginner
Message 105 of 186

Go to solution

Hi,

If your Wi-Fi is giving you higher speed than cable there must be something wrong with either the cable,  network card or the router itself. Try another cable and see if it gives you the same result. I previously had scenarios where I used CAT5e and then tried antoher CAT5e with huge speed and latency difference.  Check your network card settings if its set to FullDuplex speed 1Gbps speed. If your network card is only 10/100Mbps it would explain why you are getting better speed over WI-FI.

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 106 of 186

Go to solution

@legend_of_chaos 

I've had full fibre for a week and I'm totally disappointed with what I've got, wired speed is under 150Mbps, WiFi is between 380Mbps and 450Mbps,

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Trust me buddy if you are getting 380 - 450Mbps over WiFi (which is good) and only 150Mbps over wired I can assure you that you have issues with your setup at your end.

It's either a faulty connection / Ethernet cable or a setup problem on your Laptop.

Have you tried setting up a PPPoE connection direct from your ONT to your Laptop and tested it.

Here is a link explaining how to do it. 

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
legend_of_chaos
Beginner
Message 107 of 186

Go to solution

Just tried my pc again which is cat 7 cable wired and my network card is capable of gigabit so I really don't understand what's going on, same speed as the laptop, all my cables from my SH2 are cat7, my cable to my TV is cat7, cable to sky Q is cat7 cable for my PS5 is cat7, I'll try the PPPoE connection thing, what would the password and username be ??

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 108 of 186

Go to solution

Username:  bthomehub@btbroadband.com

Password: BT or leave it blank it will still work.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
legend_of_chaos
Beginner
Message 109 of 186

Go to solution

Just doing tests on my pc and I have speeds from 1.6Gbps then 440Mbps then 310Mbps then 640Mbps then 440Mbps back up to 1.7Gbps, when I had fibre 250 my speeds were rock solid on WiFi and ethernet, and nothing has changed apart from a new SH2 and change of package and I have 2 wifi discs, non of the cables have been altered in anyway.

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 110 of 186

Go to solution

@ccerr39783 

Also it could take up to a week for your broadband speed to settle down as when it is first installed the speed will go up and down as the system tries to find the best speed with the least errors. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Not with FTTP mate.

It either works or it doesn't work, there is no settling in period with Fibre To The Premises.

0 Ratings