cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 35

Re: Full Fibre 900 WiFi speeds

You can keep the SH2 there but then you need to change a bunch of settings... I did it years ago and its a pain... so i put my 3rd party one in direct, and set it to PPPoE and so on... perfect 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 32 of 35

Older devices are getting 450 to 500 e.g with a 8260 Intel wifi card in a laptop

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 35

I just plugged laptop direct into router and got 250!!!  then I set up a direct  connection to the white box, speed spiked at 980 for about 2 seconds then gradually dropped down to 250?  is there something wrong with my connection or is it the "known but unpublished issue" with the speed test sites and the service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 35

I haven’t tried WiFi via the SH2 but if you install a carefully distributed Wi-fi network in your home, hardwired and carefully placed to distribute devices without channel cross over to reduce interference and multiple transmissions it’s possible to get decent speeds. 

Depending on your device being 2x2, 3x3 or 4x4 

This is 5 runs from an iPhone 11. 

I’ve seen just over 600Mbps on an iPad Pro. 

The APs are WiFi 5 (AC)

27B7181B-3CCB-4493-99EE-93F7F838B938.jpeg

BT 900

Wired maxes out as you’d expect 

12FFF2F6-54F7-411C-B4D0-49BD2119D68F.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 35

Openreach been today apparently my speeds won’t show on test sites as it’s brand new system all the software through the system etc has to be updated or evolve?
0 Ratings