cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Full fibre Halo 3 wifi range

Go to solution

Hi, new to the forum as I couldn't find any answers on BT site. Does anyone know if the Full fibre Halo3 wifi would reach to an outbuilding about 25 metres from the house? TIA

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Full fibre Halo 3 wifi range

Go to solution

@GriffK04 

There is no way to determine that, as it depends on the environment.

Its usually best to run an Ethernet cable to an outbuilding, and connect that to the BT Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the swift reply. I was considering upgrading, as I currently have full fibre coming into the house, with 2 of the plug in adaptors. They have 2 ethernet ports, so I presume I'd need to plug one end of the cable into that then plug the other end into one of the new discs supplied?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@GriffK04 wrote:

Thanks for the swift reply. I was considering upgrading, as I currently have full fibre coming into the house, with 2 of the plug in adaptors. They have 2 ethernet ports, so I presume I'd need to plug one end of the cable into that then plug the other end into one of the new discs supplied?

If you are going to run an Ethernet cable, then the cheapest option is to simply plug in a wireless access point into the cable end in the outbuilding. You can plug the house end of the cable into the powerline adapter if its easier.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/access-point/tl-wa901n/

About £26.

Probably cheaper than upgrading.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings