cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 18

Re: Full fibre new hub 2, unable to create static ip's for cameras

Hi @papagray1706   

It looks like you need the Halo 3 benefit which may be useful now and in the future. You could request a home visit by a tech expert to sort out your issues.

https://www.bt.com/exp/halo

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 18

Its like so many other issues on this forum, its much more difficult to explain to other people, than it would actually be to be onsite.

You may find the BT tech experts are not familiar with changing the settings.

To be honest, I would be more inclined to change the IP addresses of the cameras, remembering of course to alter the camera settings for each camera, within Blue Iris. Because if the home hub has to be reset to factory default, you would lose any changes you had made.

Message 13 of 18

any recommendations for ip address per camera ?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 18

Can you clarify if you intend setting the IP addresses on the cameras themselves (static addressing) or by address reservation using the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 18

will need to change every camera from 192.168.0.160 example to 192.168.1.10 ( or low .10 putting all cameras in same block) as i have a tp link switch and a qnap switch thought putting them all in static area saves problems later
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 18

@papagray1706 wrote:
any recommendations for ip address per camera ?

Depends on how many cameras, but you could start at 192.168.1.40 upwards to a maximum of 192.168.1.63

These are outside of the DHCP range of the home hub and would not clash with any devices.

Do them one at a time, and remember to alter the video settings page for the camera, within Blue Iris, you should then see the camera appear on the Blue Iris console.

I run Blue Iris as a service, and use the console or web browser to view the cameras. I have a mixture of H264 and MJPEG cameras. For the H264 I use direct to disk recording, to save CPU usage.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 18

thank you for your help will be changing the cameras i did alter the dhcp to 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.253 on the custom do you recommend leaving it as normal setup and just changing camera by camera ie 192.168.1.40 ? as that is the start of dhcp range, sorry i get very tired quickly the pain of post polio

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

You need to set the DHCP range of the hub back to default so that the cameras are outside of the range.

Also turn off Smart Setup as that causes untold problems.

0 Ratings