cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

G.Fast MT992 modem with Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine All-in-One Router

I am planning to change my home setup from BT smart hub 2 to G.Fast ZTLink Openreach MT992 modem with Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine All-in-One Router.  

Does anyone have this setup working?

My understanding is that I will need to configure some PPoE settings in the Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine  to get it work. Do you know what the username and settings should be for this? Are there any things I need to watch out for?

I have plugged in the MT992  and all 4 green lights come on so I am confident I just need to get the router setup right for internet to come up.  The Unbiquiti is about £300 so I don't want to purchase just yet until I've done my homework.

Another thing I noticed is that G.Fast MT992 modem came up with ip 192.168.1.1. If I needed to change this how can this be done? I couldn't get to any management interface for MT992.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: G.Fast MT992 modem with Ubiquiti UniFi Dream Machine All-in-One Router

From what ive seen on other forums i dont belive the ZT has a interface, at least one that has been discovered yet, im just waiting for mine to arrive for my G.Fast install next month as i to am using a custom setup myself so will get it setup (it also works with VDSL2 apparantly) and have a dig around myself.

Ive spoken to a rep at draytec and they said that their 166 G.Fast v2 modem is in testing with openreach and will hopefully be on sale sometime in the first half of 2021, the current 166 v1 thats available in europe is not rated as compatible but there has been posts where people claim to have it working..... Me? im going to wait for the uk one.

As for PPoE settings i have no idea but i hope its the same as it is for VDSL. Will ask the engineer when he/she comes.

If it doesnt work im going to try this that someone else put up..... https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Smart-Hub-2-as-a-Modem/td-p/1922978

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The PPPoE settings are the same as for VDSL, username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

My service is now up and running and ive found the following.....

the 992 does not have any sort of forward faceing interface i can find, it does not have vdsl support enabled althow it does seem to have the hardware support (ocording to others that have done taredowns of the hardware) and lastly the login details that licquorice supplyed does work just fine (no vlan id required).

One strange thing is the internet light doesnt light up but everything works great (145 down 29 up)

i miss my old modems stats 😞

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Small update, I have the MT922 working with a Watchguard T30. The external interface is configured for PPoE with username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT. No other configuration needed. When the MT992 is plugged into the Gfast all 4 green lights come on. Now i'm confident MT992 Gfast modem works I will probably buy the Ubiquiti.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

The Draytek Vigor 166 modem is now available in the UK, just make sure you buy model type V166-K which is Openreach/BT approved & has the correct firmware for Openreach's G.Fast network (The 166-A is the EU version, not approved in the UK) It can also be configured as a 2 port wired router if needed, but is configured as a 'plug & play modem' out of the box.