cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Gaming console packet loss issue

So all of a sudden at the start of this week I have been receiving terrible packet loss when trying to game on my new PS5. Everything was fine but now every time I try to go online I am getting packet loss of up to 20%. I use an ethernet cable directly into the router and have tried multiple so I know it is not this. I have also hotspotted from my phone and get negligible loss (1/2%) when I game so I also know it is not the PS5. When I am gaming and check packet loss tests on other devices, it is also pretty bad around 5/10% BUT when i turn off my PS5 packet loss almost goes to 0% across the board. I have NO IDEA what is going on and have tried everything I could think to fix this. Nothing significantly has changed since the issue apart from a new work set up at home - however I also switched this off at one point to check if that was causing the issue and still awful loss. ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gaming console packet loss issue

Use a wired PC to router and use PingPlotter to see what’s going on. You can then post the results here which may help others to solve your issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

I'm also having the same issue from start of last week..no idea why it is happening.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Benc92 and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with your gaming. If you can post some details and mentioned by @Stu_H we'll try to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings