cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Gaming issues

Hi Guys,

This might be a long email but I really am lost and not sure what I can do.  

I compete and also to a bit of coaching on iracing but for the past few months I have had lots of issues with blinking.  This is where during a race of practice session to my competitors my car vanishes and then comes back again.  This happens ever 10-12 seconds without fail.  This only started in May,  up until that time my internet was perfect no issues what so ever.

I live in a block of 9 flats to which 6 are occupied and people in the block are not avid internet users.

Tests I have done:

Replaced Ethernet Cables between PC and Router

Loaded game onto laptop to discount PC issues.  Tried laptop on both wifi and ethernet. Blinking happens on both PC and Laptop

I have switched between 2 different BT routers and one dedicated gaming router/modem.  Only difference is the 2018 BT router is best best.

BT engineer came out and ran test but nothing noticeable showed,  but due to the state of the cable in my flat he replaced the cable and master socket in the flat. Which again made no difference.

I have spoken to BT several times but according to them there are no issues.

Iracing have helped no end but as the Pingplotters appear to indicate issues with high packet loss on a few hops in a row after traffic leaves your private network but before it reaches our race servers.

https://share.pingplotter.com/9K2gGmU9XEU

https://share.pingplotter.com/TuhUbCZo4be

Any help would be great, I understand I'm looking for an internet issue that it doesn't effect my ability to download or stream, but as it stands it is greatly effecting my ability to do a hobby

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gaming issues

You have 0 packet loss. When reading a ping plot or tracert always start from the destination. If there is no packet loss there then anything inbetween is immaterial.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

That the way I read it also. Which makes me even more confused.

The Hops that are red I have checked and they are all BT servers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

What are the red bars on the Pingplotter then? Because when I do a IP search they come up as BT servers. Which suggests there's an issue once my packets get to those
0 Ratings