cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Garden office and WiFI

Go to solution

I am on Fibre with BT Halo 2 and have the complete WiFi package - with one extra disc get good coverage inside. For the garden office would I be better buying an complete wifi extra disc extender £100 - or plug in ones like the BT MIni WIfi Home hotspot 600 for £50?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Garden office and WiFI

Go to solution

The plug in ones, but check out the TP Link range rather than the BT ones.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Give BT a ring and speak with broadband faults on 0800 111 4567. Because you have complete WIFI, they can help you order extra discs as you can get up to 3 discs to help improve the WIFI.

Its worth experimenting with that first, before looking at other options for now. Depending on the Garden office distance from the main property and while the complete WIFI guarantee won't apply outside the main property you may find this could be a solution for you. For example plugging one disc in the room nearest the garden office, then the 3rd disc in the garden office itself.

Worth a shot at least.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

i bought 2 white discs to help with my wifi but the instructions said to place one disc next to my router and use its wifi instead of the router , well i was not having that as i was in affect loosing a wifi signal  . i tried to change the network name and password on the discs to the same as my router but it said the password was too weak  so instead i changed the router name to the same as my discs then plugged the router into a home plug to send the bb into another room via the house electric and then connected one disc to the other home plug and then placed the other disc up stairs on the window sill  to get to the garden . all works fine and my neighbour is quite jealous 

can you do something similar    

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi  I did as J5 suggested and extended by putting one disc at the back of the house and then one in the garden in a waterproof box (not showerproof) that cost £15, screwed it to the garden wall 8'  off the ground and ran power to it. We have full coverage the length of the garden.  It really is as simple as it sounds!! Tim