cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Geforce now bandwidth throttled?

Till about two weeks ago I had no issues, now I seem to be hitting an artificial 20Mbps limit which is preventing it from working as expected.

Speedtest results for my connection are coming back at 68Mbps on average but the built in Geforce now test is stuck at 20-22Mbps.

I've been trough the trouble shooting with the Geforce support team who are pointing the finger squarely at the ISP so not really sure what else to try. I've checked router config, firewalls, qos etc and now at a bit of a loss. 

Is it worth raising something officially with tech support? The last time I called tech support I had a hard time getting them to even raise something as simple as no internet connection. Worried that this would just get lost in translation.  

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Geforce now bandwidth throttled?

I’m having the exact same issues here. Poor latency, packet loss and bandwidth. I’m on G.fast too.

What’s going on?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Are you getting the same 20Mbps limit I am?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

not sure what you mean by Geforce  do you really mean you have a G.Fast connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

@imjolly  Nvidea Geforce optimiser.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 16

GeForce Now is a gaming streaming service like Google’s Stadia. Incidentally Stadia still seems to work fine.

Last week or so GeForce Now has been very poor with limited bandwidth (seems to be around 20mbs when they say 50mbs is desirable) and 4%+ packet loss. 

Just thinking - have BT done something to limit this service as it needs a fair bit of bandwidth?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Screenshot 2020-06-20 at 15.57.07.png

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

That result isn't really helpful as it doesen't even give you a clue to where the problem is. Does it originate in the BT network or further along in the route?

If you have the IP addy you could do a tracert which would give you an idea or even set up a pingplotter.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Unfortunately Geforce now support will not give me an IP address. I've seen no change in this either. 

I'm going to have to try and find it another way.  

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

You can use CurrPorts to find out the IP.

In the CurrPorts advanced filters, use the string include:process:geforcenow.