Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Getting BT Subscription Channels to work using Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router

Hi,

I have a BT TV Package + Fibre Broadband which includes BT Sport and other subscription channels. I have decided to stop using the BT Home Hub and moved over to a Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router + the old BT Openreach modem.

Everything works fine apart from the BT subscription channels don't work very well from any of our YouView TV Boxes. Sometimes they don't connect at all and I get an IPC6023 error. When they do connect they may work for a few minutes and then the sam IPC6023 error appears. All other internet services from the YouView boxes work fine all the time.

I have gone into the Netgear settings and unticked Disable IGMP Proxying + ticked the option for Support BT IGMP Proxying.

Any other thoughts on what I need to do to get this working consistently?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Getting BT Subscription Channels to work using Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router

i think the Router has to support Multicasting... Does the Netgear do this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Re: Getting BT Subscription Channels to work using Netgear Nighthawk R9000 Router

I don't know if step 7 here is relevant to your model but it might be worth a look

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Yes it does

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Martin--W would you be able to help me with this?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I have exactly the same hardware configuration and problems, having just subscribed to BT Sport. At the time I received my BT YouView box, I also got a new Smart Hub 2.

If I connected the YouView box to the R9000, everything worked perfectly except I could not get a BT picture until I changed the R9000 settings by unticking Disable IGMP Proxying and ticking the option for Support BT IGMP Proxying. I could then get the BT picture but only for a few minutes only and then the dreaded IPC6023 error appeared. No matter what I did, I couldn't get a stable BT Sport picture even after ensuring the R9000 had the latest firmware update and lots of router reboots.

I then replaced the R9000 with the Smart Hub 2 and everything worked perfectly instantly.

I have had to leave it in this configuration and the R9000 is back in its box. However, I would prefer to have the R9000 for many reasons, not least of which is my download speeds have dropped by 10mbps from 73mbps to 63mbps.

If anyone does have a solution, I would be very interested to hear what it is and test it if needs be.

0 Ratings