Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KeYzZrRR
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Getting out of contract

Hi all,
Terrible service from bt. , no Internet for a week , is there any way I can get out of the contract, my **bleep** is boiling every time I speak to them. Surly they must be a way out of it, lost £100's in business and even had to sign up to another 18 month contract just to send me another router, bought stuff from other sources to check and still won't connect, spoke to a friend of mine who used to work for them, he said it will be in the cabinet in the street as I've accepted a free speed upgrade. Socking service and no mention of money off or a free month , I give up
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
ernie_c
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Getting out of contract

@KeYzZrRR wrote:
Hi all,
Terrible service from bt. , no Internet for a week , is there any way I can get out of the contract, my **bleep** is boiling every time I speak to them. Surly they must be a way out of it, lost £100's in business and even had to sign up to another 18 month contract just to send me another router, bought stuff from other sources to check and still won't connect, spoke to a friend of mine who used to work for them, he said it will be in the cabinet in the street as I've accepted a free speed upgrade. Socking service and no mention of money off or a free month , I give up

You would be better to post in the business forum as this is for residential services only.

0 Ratings
KeYzZrRR
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Ima residential customer
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@KeYzZrRR wrote:
Ima residential customer

You are not permitted to use a residential account for business use as its against the T&Cs.

If you want a reliable service and a guaranteed SLA, then you need to have a BT Business account. You can also claim compensation on a business account, but you only get line rental refunds on a residential account.

0 Ratings
KeYzZrRR
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Your telling me a cant access my business e mail at home using my residential broadband, what is this world coming to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

"The services and equipment we provide to you under these terms must not be used for business purposes."

So you cannot complain if you are losing business.

Depending on whether you are on ASDL or Infinity, you may be able to get some idea of what to look for, by reading some of the posts on this forum.

If you do ask for help, it would be best if you didn`t mention that you are using the line for business purposes.

Remember, this is only a customer to customer help forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

If you are having a problem with your broadband you should post on the relevant board exactly what the problem is. What homehub you are using and what broadband package you have. You should also post the results of the following which will help diagnose your problems.

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

and use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

KeYzZrRR
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

How am I meant to check these sites when I can't get on the internet to view or use the,

Cheers keys
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Is it you can not get on the Internet or is it that there is no broadband connection. There is a difference, it could be a BT problem or it could be a computer problem 

What broadband package do you have?

What homehub do you have > Is your homehub connecting, ie what colour are the lights on the homehub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10282

Do you have a seperate Openreach modem > what colour are the lights on it.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13749/~/lights-on-the-openreach-fibre-modem

0 Ratings