cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Gold/bronze address

Hi bought a new build in December, been trying ever since to get broadband with no luck. Developers refused to help saying bt broadband told them it was down to us to have the line put in. Address is registered with Royal Mail but doesn't show on the bt website. Tried several times on the phone and just told doesn't show as gold address so they can't help me. Seriously need broadband can't carry on like this. What can I do? Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Gold/bronze address

As the address has never had service, it will be a bronze address, you'll need to order a phone service and add the broadband after the phone line has went active.

Although you might find you're in an FTTP (Fibre to the Premises) estate if it's a new build and the developers contacted Openreach, most large builds will get FTTP installed free or discounted dependng on the number or properties, that is for the developers to arrange.

Do you have a white box in the property already ? It's proper name is an ONT and that will indicate you can have FTTP and would speed up the provision, BT would just need the serial number to be able to order services.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

The developers only built this house, no white box in the house. So I need to order a phone line first? I was told by bt the new phone lines are done through the Internet box they don't put a phone line in like they used to? 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@nattraves1979 

Place an order for a line only using this link - https://www.bt.com/landline/deals

If the address doesn't appear properly when you enter the postcode, there is a section underneath where you can manually enter the address.  This will raise the order with the address showing as bronze and it will prompt Openreach to carry out a survey to confirm the routing.   Once the routing is updated the order will then progress as normal.  You can then add broadband once you have the line up and running.

If the routing is a copper pair, then it should still be found, and you should be able to get a VDSL connection. If you want the ability to make and receive phone calls, then they would be delivered over a broadband connection.

It does sound like the developer never involved Openreach during the build process, so it could be an involved process getting a routing built.

0 Ratings