cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
fretjim
Message 1 of 11

Google Home Mini Setup

Hey there, wondering if anybody has any experience setting up Google home products through a BT Smart Hub?

I am trying to set up my Google Home Mini and after over an hour of troubleshooting with Google support have been told it is most likely my router that is the problem.

I have confirmed the Google Home Mini is working normally as I've successfully set it up using a mobile hotspot. Obviously I now need it to connect to my Smart Hub

Google Support have sent some advice saying to Enable: Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), multicast, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and to
Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy. VPNs and proxy servers should be disabled on your computer as well (if applicable).

Most of this I can't find in my router settings but I've configured it as best I can.

Does anybody have any advice or any tricks they have used to set up their Google Home products through a Smart Hub?
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
srome68
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Google Home Mini Setup

Mine setup without any problems, I have smart setup disabled on the hub as my Pixel 3 would not keep a connection to wifi maybe try that. 

If you've messed around changing copious settings in the hub maybe factory reset it, but defo try with smart setup disabled.

Smart Setup is at the bottom of the 1st screen you see.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

@srome68 wrote:

Mine setup without any problems, I have smart setup disabled on the hub as my Pixel 3 would not keep a connection to wifi maybe try that. 

If you've messed around changing copious settings in the hub maybe factory reset it, but defo try with smart setup disabled.

Smart Setup is at the bottom of the 1st screen you see.

There aren't any copious settings in the hub!! Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

@fretjim wrote:

Google Support have sent some advice saying to Enable: Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), multicast, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and to
Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy. VPNs and proxy servers should be disabled on your computer as well (if applicable).

The only configurable option in that list on the hub is UPnP.

0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Omg I missed out a word or two, the end of the world is upon us πŸ™„

Copious Amounts of

Are you suggesting smart setup is not configurable? it can be turned on or off hence making it configurable 😁

0 Ratings
fretjim
Message 6 of 11

Thanks for the suggestion, unfortunately tried this when I was on with Google's support team to no avail
0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Good luck getting it sorted, btw did you restart the hub after turning off smart setup, worth a try if you never.

0 Ratings
fretjim
Message 8 of 11

Thanks again, I did restart after turning off smart setup, but might try that again just to be sure if it has worked for you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

@srome68 wrote:

Omg I missed out a word, the end of the world is upon us πŸ™„

Copious Amounts

Are you suggesting smart setup is not configurable? it can be turned on or off hence making it configurable 😁

I meant that the amount of settings on the hub is very limited, I was laughing at the thought of copious amounts of settings on a very basic device not lack of a word (which I hadn't even noticed!) Yes smart setup is one of the few configurable options.Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
srome68
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I know what your saying mate 😁 it's still amazing what people change to wreck the wifi.

Copious and BT Hub 🀣 I defo used the wrong word..

0 Ratings