cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 10

Google Nest Wifi

Go to solution

Hi: I have just purchased Google Nest Wifi. This product is sold bt the BT Shop & I did ask the question, could it be used in my home. We have what is now called Halo 1 (fibre broadband to home). The setup via Google Home app is requesting details on Wan settings or PPOE settings and I don't have any idea what these might be. I have plugged the Google Nest Wifi router directly into the same connection on the white wall box as we had our Hub. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.9AE559D2-3045-4B4E-9846-2AD2A67DA13F_1_201_a.jpeg

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Google Nest Wifi

Go to solution

@Canucklehead 

Its the PPPoE settings you need.

You can use

user name of broadbanduser@btbroadband.com and a password of bt

As long as the suffix is @btbroadband.com it does not seem to matter.

Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi, Keith: you are an absolute star. I am now connected...hurrah. I think these are details Google Home & BT should share with their customers.

Thank you. 

Kind regards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Excellent 😀

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@Canucklehead wrote:

Hi, Keith: you are an absolute star. I am now connected...hurrah. I think these are details Google Home & BT should share with their customers.

Its not exactly a secret, the first hit on a Google search gives the settings.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
I’m glad you didn’t berate me as a subsequent ‘sage’ did. 😊
IanMolloy82
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution
Hi Guys, Looking into doing this myself and I have the same setup. Once I switch to the Google WiFi router I presume BT will not be able to access my router to test speeds and the likes? Will the BT app work to test speed etc ? I’m more thinking for diagnostics if I wasn’t getting minimum speeds etc? If that was the case would plugging back in smart hub 2 again just seamlessly work for that purpose ? Thanks in advance
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

FTTP isn't like copper affected by distance and line faults etc. Sync speed will remain constant and you can check download speed with any speedtester site.

Sync speed won't be registered by the hub/router in any case with FTTP.

IanMolloy82
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Yeah I knew that I’m unlikely to have speed issues, That’s why they offer the guarantee. Just wondered if My broadband dropped out and I called BT to find out why, would they need my smart hub 2 plugged back in to investigate. Doing my read up on the nest WiFi it seems to be getting a lot of good press, definitely worth it ?
0 Ratings
IanMolloy82
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Guys, 

I’m trying to set up my nest WiFi just now.  It’s the same set up as above.  I put in the ppoe settings that are above and it’s connected to the router but I don’t have Internet and it won’t connect to the nest cloud. I’m stuck what to do as it shows me connected to the nest router now and I’m stuck with no internet. It doesn’t seem to go back to the page where it request the ppoe . Any suggestions? 

0 Ratings