Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gooner4_1998
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Google WiFi & BT TV

Hi

I have recently had FTTP installed and am trying to utilise my Google WiFi mesh setup but running into problems with BT TV.......

I’ve got the base google WiFi unit connected direct to the ONS modem and the other Ethernet port connected to a TP Link Powerline. The TP Link Powerline is then connected to my YouView box and an Apple TV 4K.

The speed from the powerline to the Apple TV is ~140mbps via the connected LAN cable, so I know everything is working fine. However, I cannot get it to play nice with BT TV. I just keep getting error code IPC6023.......

If I get rid of the Google WiFi system and use the smart hub, everything works as it should but I have WiFi black spots all over the house. Has anyone managed to get Google WiFi and BT TV to play nice with a powerline.

Any help is much appreciated as this is driving me mad!

Thanks
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Google WiFi & BT TV

@Gooner4_1998 

BT YouView uses multicast, which I do not think can be handled by Google Wifi.

0 Ratings
Gooner4_1998
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

I did think that could be part of the issue, but firmware update 10452.90.65 included “IPTV Multicast routing support”......
0 Ratings
Gooner4_1998
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Have now spoken with Google who have confirmed that multicast is supported so I’m stumped as to the issue...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

0 Ratings
Gooner4_1998
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for posting. I did have a look at that post prior to posting my own, but it didn't really give an answer as to whether they got it work. 

Really looking for someone who has managed to get google wifi working with BT TV to understand if I'm wasting my time trying!

0 Ratings
Gooner4_1998
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Ok, just got off the phone with BT and they have said that BT TV cannot work without the BT Hub connected as there is some kind of authentication built into the hub.

I can't believe that this is correct........there must be people using non BT supplied routers who are able to access BT TV. Can someone who is using a non BT Router and can access subscription channels on BT able to confirm please?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Ellbell5
Message 8 of 8

I am facing the exact same issue with my setup. 

By openreach modem with Google wifi. Then using powerlan cables to link to my bt vision box

I am getting the IPC 6023 error message. 

Has anyone been able to solve this yet?

Thanks

0 Ratings