cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Got BT900 today and have poor wifi generally outside of the router area, advice on Cat 7 please...?

Go to solution

Media server will be in a room upstairs, looking to hardwire that in using an external cable from the living room to the outside and up under the guttering etc down into the room it's in.  I then have a PS5 in the living room which will also be hardwired into the router.  This allows me to stream etc easily.  I'm looking for cable suggestions though, should I look at Cat 7?  Any good external ones someone can recommend?

Cheers!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Got BT900 today and have poor wifi generally outside of the router area, advice on Cat 7 please.

Go to solution

CAT7 is more than enough for your needs. Here's a comparison chart.

2021-04-24 00_44_12-(15) CAT 8 vs CAT 7 Ethernet Cables - Is there a difference_ - YouTube — Mozilla.png

All external cables have to meet the same minimum specs but if you want to go premium search for "Kenable external shielded CAT7 Outdoor Use COPPER Ethernet Cable SF/FTP Reel 50m Black" or find a supplier that makes pre-terminated lengths..

Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 3

Re: Got BT900 today and have poor wifi generally outside of the router area, advice on Cat 7 please.

Go to solution
Thank you!
0 Ratings