cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
worm5721
Beginner
Message 21 of 70

Re: Smart Hub stuck on green light start up phase

same thing happened here , after an hour on phone to bt I now have a replacement on the way.
0 Ratings
AndyB123
Message 22 of 70

Re: Smart Hub stuck on green light start up phase

Same here. I've had 2 Smart Hub's and both havee had the sames problem. All works ok for 3 to 4 hours and then wifi disconnects and interenet dropps. after a reboot the Smart Hub sticks on a solid green light and never boots up. tried multiple factory resets (ensuring that i hold the button in for 15 + seconds). Just about to call BT and ask for the 3rd Smart Hub.

I've got a feeling this one will be the same.

the real kicker is that i don't have a backup hub that works with inifinity so while i wait for ANOTHER hub i have no internet for a few days.

not a happy customer

0 Ratings
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 23 of 70

BT Smart Hub SLOWER than BT Home Hub5???

So just upgraded my router from HH 5 to the new Smart Hub (HH6).

I expected my speeds to improve over WiFi. On the HH5 I got 20Mbps on mac and iphone.

On Smart Hub im getting 8mbps on iphone and 16mbps on Macbook

Any ideas???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 70

Re: BT Smart Hub SLOWER than BT Home Hub5???

did you split the networks?  did you try different modes?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 25 of 70

I have not because the whole point of Smart Hub is that it is much smarter and I am led to beleive i would not need to do this.

Ive just come home from being out and none of my devices are connecting wirelessly except my Mac which took about 5 mins

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 70

Sorry but it's not that smart and it is often your devices that are not that smart and can handle the networks being together so I would split the networks and turn of smart setup and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Kara123
Message 27 of 70

BT SmartHub green light of death.

So this week our student flatshare got switched from sky to bt infinty as we were getting speeds of 0.1mbps on sky. First few hours with BT were amazing with constant speeds of 50+mbps and the new hub was also solving many of the issues some of the guys were having with a weak signal in their rooms.

Everything was going perfectly until around 1am on Thursday when out BT SmartHub rebooted. Its been sat with a constant green light ever since. We've gone through all the troubleshooting on bt's website, everything is connected correctly and we've tried to factory reset the hub (the light stays solid green and doesnt blink like the manual says it should). We've also left it unplugged for a night. Nothing helps, it's always a constant green light.

We took to these forums to see if anyone else has had issues and we found a few other threads were others were having the exact same issues. We even saw one comment where someone had had their first smarthub replaced to have the second one get the green lurgy also. What going on? Are these new smarthubs complete duds? Also the contract is inthe landlords name but he's not exactly the known for getting things sorted quick (took 8 weeks to change providers). Are we able to contact bt support and get it replaced without him? Some of is students have deadlines for the 14th and not having internet access seriously effects that, so you imagine we're all fairly anxious to get our router working again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 70

Re: BT SmartHub green light of death.

You need to be the account holder so able to answer security questions when you phone customer services to get a replacement. Still you can always try and see if you can get someone to send a replacement

0 Ratings
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 29 of 70

Thanks.

So split the signals. Everything connected and worked fine on the 2GHZ frequency.

NOTHING would connect to the 5GHZ though. It did previously on the HH5

However, at about 8pm last night the router went green and hasnt stopped being green since!!!

What an epic waste of time this is turning into. 

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 70

Seems your hub has gone the way of many others. I've included yours in a long list of "green light" hubs at BT Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) Bug Reporting + Improvements.

Regards