cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 70

Re: BT Smart Hub SLOWER than BT Home Hub5???

@Fatboyslick That's not good at all, I'm really sorry about the problems with your new Hub. Please get in touch with the Broadband helpdesk and they'll be able to help you get this sorted

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Fatboyslick
Contributor
Message 32 of 70

Thanks! On phone to them now so hopefully get a new one delivered this week
0 Ratings
Message 33 of 70

@Fatboyslick thanks for the update. Let us know how you get on with the replacement. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
dbedford
Contributor
Message 34 of 70

Fatboyslick
Contributor
Fatboyslick
Re: BT Smart Hub SLOWER than BT Home Hub5??? [ New ]
Options
on ‎30-07-2016 16h15

I have not because the whole point of Smart Hub is that it is much smarter and I am led to beleive i would not need to do this.
Ive just come home from being out and none of my devices are connecting wirelessly except my Mac which took about 5 mins
---------------------
BT have confirmed Apple devices, which I can confirm only seem to work with the two frequencies split .
0 Ratings
Suchard
Beginner
Message 35 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub

I'm another one to add to the list who received a faulty solid green light smart hub
0 Ratings
MGH1962
Beginner
Message 36 of 70

Well I spent 90 minutes on the "live chat" trying to resolve our dose of green light lurgy and after the line had been tested and some "tests" being performed was told an engineer needs to come out and either rectify the fault or replace the Smart Hub. 

A request to to have a replacement sent out was declined as was a refund. 

Engineer apparently coming out tomorrow morning so maybe we will get a replacement Hub. 

With all the issues being reported on here can't say I'm optimistic at getting a reliable router and if the issue isn't resolved tomorrow I will be chasing a refund and buying another router. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jamiemurray1
Beginner
Message 37 of 70

After being told that the issue was my 'line settling down' then a problem with my equipment I finally got them to send out a replacement hub! It's been 3 weeks and not one problem!
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 70

Hi Guys,

Thank you for posting.

We've highlighted this to the hub team and as soon as we know more we'll post and update on this thread.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
JaiBones
Beginner
Message 39 of 70

After much hair pulling, I read this. Comforting to know I'm the only one, but only slightly!

My story -
'Upgraded' from standard ADSL to Fibre.
I received the HH6 on the afternoon of Fri 29th July, plugged it in and set it up. My Desktop PC connects okay (via Powerline). Could not and have not been able to get a WiFi connection on any of our household's 3 Android devices. The WiFi symbol appears on all devices and 'looks' like it is working, but I can't access the internet on any of the browsers on Android. I now know the router is assigning the same address to all those devices (although not the Wii U).

6 hours after initial setup, I got the green light of death on the HH6, rebooted many times etc .. gave up and plugged the HH4 back in, and got my connection back on all devices/PCs.

Now my actual 'upgrade' from ADSL to Fibre was due for Mon 1st Aug. I still had the old HH4 plugged in when I came downstairs Mon morning and noticed it was now orange. So, I thought "oops, should have had the HH6 plugged in at this point, I wonder if it will work now", so went ahead and set the HH6 back up. Eventually and surprisingly, the green light came on, but I had to leave for work.
On arrival home I realised that the WiFi wasn't working for our Android devices again (or should I say .. still). Besides that, I tried a speedtest and I was pretty disappointed to see just 15mbs! I was on the "up to 17mbs package" previously getting about 12mbs so to 'upgrade' to the "up to 38mbs package" and see such a poor speed increase was shocking!
So last night I ignored the WiFi problem for now and tried some online gaming. The router dropped connection 4 or 5 times in the space of 3 or 4 hours whilst online. Grrrr! Gave up and went to bed!

Came downstairs this morning to find yet another orange light greeting me. Rebooted etc, etc, finally got back online, did a speedtest and now I'm getting 5mbs! That is just **bleep**! Tried to plug old HH4 back in and that just gives me flashing orange lights all the way now (I was under the impression that the HH4 would still work with Fibre, so the BT customer service man Johnny said anyway).

It's now transpired there may be a fault somewhere outside my home. Oh and spent 25 mins on hold to BT customer services only to end up on a dead line, (complete silence), thanks for that!

So I've just paid around £57 to get a broken router and a downgraded broadband speed. I want a refund. BT sort this mess out. I would have stayed with Virgin but they couldn't offer me a service when we relocated. Gutted.

0 Ratings
AndyB123
Message 40 of 70

Same here. I've had 2 Smart Hub's and both havee had the sames problem. All works ok for 3 to 4 hours and then wifi disconnects and interenet dropps. after a reboot the Smart Hub sticks on a solid green light and never boots up. tried multiple factory resets (ensuring that i hold the button in for 15 + seconds). Just about to call BT and ask for the 3rd Smart Hub.

I've got a feeling this one will be the same.

the real kicker is that i don't have a backup hub that works with inifinity so while i wait for ANOTHER hub i have no internet for a few days.

not a happy customer

0 Ratings