Message 11 of 70

Re: New Smart Hub

you need to phone 0800 111 4567 not BT Shop
MGH1962
Beginner
Message 12 of 70

Smart Hub stuck on green light start up phase

Hi

as above our new smart hub was installed yesterday and worked fine for around four hours. It then stopped working and has been stuck on the green light phase ever since.

we have tried rebooting it, powering it off and on and none of this has made any difference.

can anyone shed any light on this or provide a solution?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub

I'm getting the same problem solid green light and iv done everything to try fix it. Rest power off leaving it on all night nothing works. May just get them to send me a new 1.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 70

if you have tried factory reset using recessed button on back and still the same then get a replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 70

Re: Smart Hub stuck on green light start up phase

have you tried a factory reset using the recessed button on back and holding until lights flash  if that does not help then get a replacement from customer services

there are other posts similar to yours so it is not just you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MGH1962
Beginner
Message 16 of 70

Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. The factory reset option doesn't appear to be working either.

have reverted to the old HH3 and its appallingly slow speeds and frequent drop outs of WiFi.

our contract with BT is up for renewal so I might look at other options as the deterioration is service has been significant over the last couple of months.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 70

are you on infinity?  if so and are using the HH3 you must have a separate modem.  did you connect the smart hub 6 direct to the socket as it will not work if conencted to the separate modem

0 Ratings
MGH1962
Beginner
Message 18 of 70

Hi

no didn't use the separate modem. Was working fine for a few hours. Now simply won't go past the green light stage on start up or allow a reset to factory settings

0 Ratings
tscott574
Beginner
Message 19 of 70

Same issue worked perfect yesterday got good signal all the way to bottom of my garden then today came home from work solid been light tried in plugging done master reset on the back (small hole for 20 secs) still solid green light plugged in Etherley cable and done the old 192. thing still nothing, I plugged back in my  Bt hub 5 and all is good I'll be asking for a new router it looks like probably just to go through exactly the same process come on  BT you shouldn't release something you KNOW had issues, so nice phone call to BT tomorrow who's going to pay for the time I've to setting up in plugging plugging back in etc etc etc NOT HAPPY, kids and the Mrs giving me loads of earache come on sorry it out please 

0 Ratings
elliotd
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 70

I'm having the same issue too. Stuck on green light after 3/4hours of plugging it in. Factory resets don't do anything.

BT are in the process of replacing mine

0 Ratings