cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JaiBones
Beginner
Message 41 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub

"Eventually and surprisingly, the green light came on" .. oops I meant blue.

0 Ratings
JaiBones
Beginner
Message 42 of 70

Green light of death was back after a weekend away, luckily I'd already ordered a replacement HH6 which was awaiting collection from local Post Office. 

I can now use WiFi, pity I also have an ongoing fault on line meaning my upto38mbs = 14.5mbs

So the connection issues are certainly to do with the HH6. I would recommend to anyone to get online (sorry I understand that may be problematic) and use the BT customer service chat though, trying to phone is horrendous.

0 Ratings
Toeknee21
Beginner
Message 43 of 70

Seem to have stabilised mine now (2nd unit). It seems that my xbox one being connected by wire was throwing it into green light. Disconnected this and reconnected using wireless and it's been stable ever since. Not sure if this was the cause or an update has been released to sort problem.
0 Ratings
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 70

Mine gave me the dreaded green light last night but it was solid so no action at all, so I'm using my HH5 until the replacement arrives.

The thing that annoys me is when you contact live chat, explain everything, they then send you to a link that explains how to do a smart setup of your router, oh, you mean the router thats stuck on green and can't be accessed!!!

It took me 3 chats to finally get some sense and get a replacement ordered.

A good tip for those up/downgrading from the Homehub 5 to the smart hub is don't put your HH5 in the bag they give you to send off lol, keep it as a backup.

0 Ratings
Kara123
Message 45 of 70

At least you have a backup. Me and my housmates just had inifinty installed in july and we've had the green light issue twice now. The first instance was for about 30hours and it randomly fixed itself and then worked for a few weeks. Now its happened again and we've been without for around 3days. The worst part is the co tracts in the landlords name. Customer service wont talk to us and the landlords ignoring us. Limbo.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 70

Just buy a cheap TP-Link TD-W9980 VDSLmodem/router, about £60 from usual sources.

0 Ratings
Kara123
Message 47 of 70

We're students mate. £60 is a lot of money to us.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 70

Better keep knocking on the landlord's door then.

0 Ratings
Ciarano246
Message 49 of 70

Same problem as well. Green light come on now - tried factory reset/restarting etc but no blue light. Took an hour and a half to get through to the customer support and a new one has just been ordered. Hopefully it doesn't have the same problem but seeing everyone else's messages I'm not optimistic. I have friends coming round today to watch the football but I can't do that now since the channels aren't loading. Extremely unhappy
0 Ratings
Message 50 of 70

Hi Everyone,

A very small number of customers have contacted us to advise that their Smart Hub is constantly displaying a solid green light and is unable to connect to the internet. We are sorry about this. If you should experience this issue please visit www.bt.com/chat and we will resolve it for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings