cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
evohicks
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub

Thanks Paddy, mine took a week and a half to arrive but already I noticed it was not giving me any grief setting up like the last one. I hope this one lasts a bit longer than the 3-4 weeks that the last one did.
Did you find out what the issue was, and if so what was the remedy?
0 Ratings
skiddadale
Message 52 of 70

Re: Smart Hub stuck on green light start up phase

Same here, brand new Smart Hub, setup and worked for 2 hours, came back after fetching a chinky, and the bloomin thing has a green light on it.

Now, thats easy I thought (not being one to be phased by such things) maybe the lines down (bit of a coincedence maybe) but possible.

A switch off and back on, erm... still green light, doesnt even seem to try to get anywhere. couple more reboots, and then I know a factory reset will sort it....

Nope.... reset button does a big fat Zero, to me it looks like the firmware is corrupt, when you switch it on you get a quick off of the green light and then solid green.

Its what is called Bricked in the techie world, but even before that I was not very impressed with the device view, it just did not work correctly. and the whole config section looked like a front end for the old setup (bit like windows 10 settings)

I wonder if it can be re flashed from the USB port ?

until then, back to my Hub 5

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 70

To evohicks..can you tell me what version of software /firmware you are in for your working smart hub please ?
0 Ratings
cjjones666
Message 54 of 70

Hi all received my hub 6 for infinity 2. Worked fine for about 5 hours then a solid green light.
Phone call this morning and they say it's a faulty line and not the box. Anyone else had this ???
I only just renewed to get this package and now wish I had gone with someone else
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 55 of 70

Customer Service are incorrect. The hub should only show a green light when initially starting up. It should go to an orange light even if not connected to a phone line.

As recommended by one of the forum moderators in Message 50 of this thread, use the online chat (if possible) to report and refer them here to demonstrate it's not an unusual problem.

Regards

0 Ratings
cjjones666
Message 56 of 70

Bt chat not working
0 Ratings
JimB1
Message 57 of 70

Got my smart hub and infinity package Friday. Permanent green light this morning. Old hub4 keeps rebooting too.
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 70

@JimB1 If you only get the green light on the hub, you'll need to get onto BT to have them send a replacement.

Also notes that as you've been moved to Infinity, the home Hub 4 will no longer work as it does not support VDSL. 

Regards

0 Ratings
pilot801
Message 59 of 70

Finally I found this thread where lots of customers reported BT Hub stuck on green light.
I am exactly facing the same issue where brand new BT Hub 6 is stuck on green light as soon as I power ON. 

i. None of the devices at home picks wifi signal of this router.

ii. Cannot telnet to this bt hub6 as the desktop machine does not recognise that hub6 is connected.

iii. Factory reset of router does not help as the solid green light persists.

It seems that Hub6 is completely stuck as it does not bootup.

I borrowed BT Hub5 from work colleague and tried connecting and it worked straight away. Bthub5 was working perfectly and it was only hub6 which is not working.

I have been explaining this to BT customer service calling every single day since 2 weeks and every time I speak there is a new person at customer service, and no one thinks that it is the router fault. Every one just says you have to wait or speak to a different team. Yesterday, managed to speak to faults team in BT customer service and the lady just refused to accept that it is a router fault. I mentioned her about that she should check this thread and she said it is not her responsibility. I am just getting no where with this and since I work from home for most of the days due to kids, I am stuck with no internet at home. Is there BT guy here who can help me out? I am really lost with no internet at home since 4 weeks.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub - FIXED (possibly)

Hi Everyone,

First post. I got my new home hub 6 last week and had 2 days of good coverage through the house then Friday morning got the green light of death. I rang and they've sent me a replacement.

I tried off/on, factory reset and nothing could move that **bleep** green light.

Then Sunday morning i just on a whim, decided to leave the power on but unplug the broadband cable and ethernet (for wireline). When i did this a few times nothing happened, but then five minutes later i walked past it and i saw a blue light quickly turn green. I sat and watched, fives minutes later 30 seconds of blue. Then a little more blue and so and so on. Within an hour it was blue long enough to get onto 192.168.1.254 and using the admin password  do a proper factory reset. It kept going off/on but each time the blue would get longer.

ITs monday morning now and i've had blue since 7pm last night with no interruption. My guess, the software is hanging in a boot state in the device and once triggered it perhaps gets another firmware version or something. Either that or i just got lucky.

0 Ratings