cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rimscar
Message 61 of 70

Re: Green light on new Smart Hub

Oh look, December 15th, had the hub since 13th. Green light. Did all the stuff on these forums, sacrificed a chicken, prayed to Jeebus. After an hour online chat got a new hub coming. 3-4 working days so no internet until 19th or 20th...Amazon can get me deliveries the same evening, but BT seem to be stuck in the 90s using Royal Mail. So glad I believed Ryan Reynolds. Not.
0 Ratings
creatz
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 70

Got green light of death on mine today. Hub is 7 days old.

a problem you have had since July and your still sending this piece of junk of a hub out to customers in December......

0 Ratings
bellmeister
Beginner
Message 63 of 70

My first hub worked fine for 6 months then one day I turned it off and on and refused to work at all, I couldn't even connect to it's home screen via a wired connection anymore.plugged my old hub and white modem back in and it was fine. I spoke to BT customer support in India and they tested the line and agreed to send out a new one. Later that day though I noticed that the phone line was now dead (the same one I had rung bt on and they'd checked). The internet still worked albeit slowly. So I logged another call for that and waited for my new hh6 to show. 2 days later a small box from bt showed up with a cat5 cable in it! They had managed to fix my faulty line though. So I went on the live chat and this time they sent me an actual hub, we threw a party to celebrate. This one lasted 12 hours then stopped working, back to the old hub again and back onto customer support. Another one is coming this week (the helpfully chap stipulated its "got the latest firmware installed" but denied any knowledge of the hh6 having problems), so hopefully 3rd time lucky.
0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 70

Mine has worked since i got it in October until today. Now it gives me a green light for 10-20 minutes then an orange light for 5-10 minutes then if im lucky a blue light with full speed internet for about 5 minutes then green again for 10-20 minutes and so forth, or it just goes straight bsck to green...

I plugged in my old hh4 and openreach modem and it works perfectly until i contacted BT who wanted me to plug the hh6 back in... it took about 10 minutes to boot but then did work for 5 minutes before going back to the green light.

BT want to send an engineer! I told them I don't want one, i just want a new hh6 to be sent but they insist, and wane me to agree to pay £130 if the fault is due to my wiring or internet equipment. I told them that the fault is indeed in my internet equipment but they supplied it to me so can they just send me a new one?

And so on...
0 Ratings
stubeard
Aspiring Contributor
Message 65 of 70

Just got a callback from BT and they are just going to send a new HH6. Thank God they saw sense in the end.

0 Ratings
bellmeister
Beginner
Message 66 of 70

Ok so I'm now on my 5th HH6. 3 died after turning it off/On and one didn't work straight out of the box. I asked by to send a hh5 instead as a replacement and a week later nothing has shown up so back on to bt and they've now sent me another hh6 :(. Why don't they acknowledge there is a fault with these hubs? There must be a massive Indiana Jones style warehouse somewhere with hubs stacked floor to ceiling by now.
0 Ratings
Brian_d
Aspiring Expert
Message 67 of 70

Mine was useless out of the box Tuesday, being sent another one with very little grief had, even with the 30 minute phone call.

The thing is, I had this as a special offer to renew my contract for 18 months having been out of contract for a couple of years.

I am now surprised to see the SH6 is still not working properly since it came out last year?

Fortunately, I still have my HH3 which has been very good for several years now.

If this was my introduction to Infinity I would definitely be considering my options.

A suggestion to BT would be to have some sort of quality control operating at the supplier end that should limit customer

disappointment, including thoughts of being taken for a ride with a known faulty product for customer commitment.   

0 Ratings
Bigglesdaf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 70

Ok here is my issue,

In December 2016 I paid £50 to get a new smart hub six, I plugged it in and was happy with the speed and everything was fine for the first two weeks then at 4 o'clock on Christmas Eve I got the green light of death the route to stop responding I couldn't signing I couldn't reset it I turned it off I turned on I unplugged everything and plug it back in again but to no avail and I had to wait till the day after Boxing Day and call BT they said they would start some fault checking, that time I was unaware that there was an ongoing problem with BT smart hub,

eventually I get an engineer who comes to the house to diagnose my system and the lines at the cost of £165 he then tells me there's nothing wrong with my lines all my equipment was working fine but the hope was faulty I done wrong customer services to complain and was told that I new hub would be sensible straight away,  I had to wait five days until it arrived I plugged it in and for four weeks and one day it worked perfectly then again the green light of death this time I didn't mess around I was straight onto complaints and told them that the second hob was faulty but they insisted I contacted your faults team and then went through the same rigmarole but I had done at Christmas,  so after 11 days they decided to send me a second new hub,  that's arrived and was promptly installed then on May 3 that hub also  became faulty this time they wanted to send an engineer but I refuse to pay the £165 and decided to leave BT as I was out of contract now, but they offered to send one free of charge to see why the hubs were failing, The engineer came and they replaced my socket with a brand-new one but the hub still didn't work!

so eventually I get to speak to a manager in the UK and he sent me a new hub again so I am now on my fourth hub! And today 9 June the fourth hub has broken! It's exactly the same fault green light of death can't reset can't sign in nothing works!  So another call to the Indian call centre this time I just demanded a brand new hub straight away but they wanted to go through all the same stupid tests!  But I stood my ground told the operator I was recording the call and demanded I knew all this will be my fifth hub since December and I've now had enough! I am trying to run a business from home and when my Internet goes down I loose serious amounts of money! So I will give this new hub a try hoping for the best but if it fails I will bin BT  immediately! If there are no known issues with the hubs then BT should never sent them out in the first place!  Can you imagine if net gear sold equipment is faulty as the subs? 

0 Ratings
Tundish
Message 69 of 70

I have just had the same green light issue with a 3 month old Smarthub.  No joy with factory reset or anything, but I managed to fix the problem by sticking the hub in the freezer for a few hours (an old trick for resetting car radio security codes - apparently).  I reported the original fault via BT Chat, who also have sent a replacement I can now keep as a backup.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 70

@Bigglesdaf Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. I'm really sorry about the problems you've experienced with your Hubs going faulty, I appreciate the inconvenience this must be causing and we would like to help.

There may be an underlying issue that is causing the Hubs to fail and we'll be happy to get this investigated further if you send me over your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings