cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

HH2 dropping the connection.

Recently, my HH2 has been dropping the connection randomly every day or so.

I noticed that in the routers "Technical log" there are lots of multiple entries like this:

DoS(Port Scanning): IN=ppp1 OUT= MAC= src=204.93.154.210 DST=86.147.9.132 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=53 ID=53122 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=57194 DPT=10000 WINDOW=14600 RES=0x00 SYN URGP=0 MARK=0x8000000

What does this mean, and could this  be the cause of the router dropping the connection?

Ted.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: HH2 dropping the connection.

I assume you mean a SH2 and not an old HH2.

please can you post the stats from your router enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

@Ted_ntsx that log means your firewall is working and doing its job and wouldn't be related to your connection dropping out. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Yes, I did mean Smart Hub 2 and not HH2, sorry.

17070 from a corded phone always gives a totally quiet line. I have FTTC and the speed is always good.  20mb up, and about 70mb down, which is about the maximum I would expect from my FTTC

The link you posted just goes to the Broadband Availablity checker ???

Technical log:
Product name,BT Smart Hub 2
Serial number,+091301+2021028555
Fireware version,v0.30.01.08093-BT (Mon Aug 9 20:01:14 2021)
Board version,R01
GUI version,1.74 12_11_2020
DSL uptime,0 days 11 Hours 24 Mins 8 Secs
Data rate,20.0 Mbps / 73.7 Mbps
Maximum Data rate,23.6 Mbps / 74.7 Mbps
Noise margin,6.7/6.3
Line attenuation,4.5/11.7
Signal attenuation,4.5/11.5
VLAN id,101
Upstream error control,Off
Downstream error control,Off
Data sent / received,60.9 MB Uploaded / 677.6 MB Downloaded
Broadband username,bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-Fi,Not active
2.4 GHz wireless network name,****
2.4 GHz wireless channel,Channel: 11
5 GHz wireless network name,****
5 GHz wireless channel,Smart (Channel36)
Wireless Security,WPA2 (Recommanded)
Wireless mode,Mode 1
Firewall,On
Software variant,-
Boot loader, 0.1.7-BT (Thu Nov 30 09:45:22 2017)

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

with the drops in connection it is good to see what your line expected range is compared to the actual speed shown in your stats   from your stats the drops in connection do not yet seem to have caused the DLM to take action

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Ok,  The checker give the following result.

Broadband Availability Checker
Telephone Number ****** on Exchange ******* is served by Cabinet 4
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Handback
Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in Jumper
High Low High Low
VDSL Range A (Clean) help 80 67.1 20 19 62.3 Available Available --
VDSL Range B (Impacted) help 80 66.2 20 19 60 Available Available --
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install Process
FTTP on Demand 330 50 -- Available --
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 Available --
WBC ADSL2+ Annex M Up to 17 Up to 1.5 10 to 19.5 Available --
ADSL Max Up to 8 -- 7 to 8 Available --
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available --
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in Jumper
WBC SOADSL 2+ Up to 17 -- 10 to 19.5 -- --
SOADSL Max Up to 8 -- 10 to 19.5 -- --
SOADSL Fixed Rate Up to 2 -- 7 to 8 -- --
Observed Speeds VDSL
Max Observed Downstream Speed 73.97
Max Observed Upstream Speed 20
Observed Date 2020-11-13
Other Offerings Availability Date
VDSL Multicast Available
ADSL Multicast Available
Premise Environment Status
Bridge Tap N
VRI N
NTE FacePlate N
Last Test Date 03-12-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions Status
FTTP Priority Exchange N
WLR Withdrawal N
SOADSL Restriction Y

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

from checker results you are obviously in the expected speed  range.  if your connection is dropping on a daily basis does it happen about same time or just random?  any changes near hub recently light christmas tree lights or similar?

Message 8 of 9

The connection dropping seems to be completly random. Different times of day or Night.
Some times it has dropped 2 or 3 times in  a day, and some times it is stable for a few days in a row.

No changes to anything near the Hub.

Looks like if it does get worse I will have to contact BT, but I doubt that would do any good unless it gets really bad.
Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Ted_ntsx and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're seeing a few drops. How are you connected? Is it wireless or cable?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings