cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspowart77
Beginner
Message 61 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

I posted way back earlier in this thread and since then decided to take the plunge and call BT.  Seeing as I was a bit worked up anyway, I got a bit shouty with them and the upshot is that they asked me to do a bunch of useless things, then they called back the next day, the chap spoke to his supervisor and they've now sent out a new HH (no idea if it's 3, 4 or 5) but it should be arriving today.    I'll let you know if this fixes it.

My advice is to call BT, jump through their initial hoops (takes about 20 mins) at which point the guy will proclaim that he's fixed it.  Tell him that he definitely hasn't and ask for their email address for when it stops working again.  When it stops working again email them and they'll call back.  Get a bit shouty and demand a new box and see what happens.  Might be worth referring them to this post too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 62 of 555

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the problems you're all having.

Can you all send me some info so that I can gather the examples and get this investigated?  Click on my username and you'll see the link to get in touch with us under the section "about me".

When you're completing the web form, under the section where it says "Details of your query", can you copy and paste the below table completing all sections and giving as much info as possible please?  We'll not come back to each and every one of you individually but we'll post the outcome on here once investigations have been completed.

1. Hub Line Type (ADSL,FTTC ,FTTP) :
  2. Please provide summary of issue (please include make, model and operating system):
  3. Can this issue be reproduce? If yes how:
  4. Hub Firmware version:
  5. Hub Serial Number:
  6. Telephone number the hub is connected to:
  7. Has the issue been present since install?
  8. If you answered 'No' to the above question has anything changed recently ; new firmware, new devices connected, BT TV service added etc. Also please add date issue first noticed:
  9. Is the issue there all the time? If not what are you doing when issue occurs:

Many thanks,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 63 of 555

there are so many of us with the same complaint that bt should take note - we've all tried our best and there are a lot of us who are tech savvy so don't send us to telephone help who are less knowledgeable than us!

0 Ratings
Biggles-Norwich
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 555

I too was asked for a contact number and times which would be convenient for an "interactive session". I supplied two dates/times which have come and gone. I am a Technical Support engineer for a software company and if I treated our customers like this I would be out of a job.

0 Ratings
pokedmund
Contributor
Message 65 of 555

I am so glad I found this thread.  I too have exactly the same issues!

And the BT 'gurus' here keep blaming me for the problems, as does the customer service team in India.

For me, this has been going on since the end of January and I've had more luck smashing my head against a brick wall then getting BT to actually listen and see if they can help me.

I've raised 2 emails to BT with zero response, had an IT ticket open and closed by them and was told they would call me on Monday (they didn't) then Tuesday (they didn't).  Waiting for the 3rd call, but with the problems I've had in the past, this is probably last the straw

0 Ratings
TJMurphy
Beginner
Message 66 of 555

Hi all, update on my experiences which is hopefully of interest.

1. Logged a call via email which included a link to this note
2. Received an email which had a number of irrelevant links (probably a canned response). This then closed the call as far as BT was concerned
3. Responded to RobbieMac's note with all the details he requested (thanks Robbie)
4. After checking the problem was still there I logged another call via email asking BT to re-open the call and told them to read what I'd actually posted (sorry I was a bit annoyed with them)
5. Received a response from BT this morning saying they'd passed it on to the "hub team" -- which sounds promising

In the meantime, after #4, and as I said on my previous note, I had access to a HH5 which I plugged in last night and lo and behold I have a full speed wifi signal which was still there this morning. Didn't test all equipment yet but phones / tablets working. So, more evidence it's the HH3 as far as I'm concerned.

Tony

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 67 of 555

Also logged the issue with Robbie - so we'll see what now occurs.

0 Ratings
pokedmund
Contributor
Message 68 of 555

I've logged my problem with Robbie too.

I finally had a call back today.  It was hard to tell from the level 2 support team, but they said they were going to do something with regards to the frequency in my house.

Totally unsure what this meant, but they said it would kick in within the next 24-48 hours.

So far, I've noticed a stronger connection to my HH3.  No drop outs....yet....

0 Ratings
Biggles-Norwich
Aspiring Contributor
Message 69 of 555

I too have responded to Robbie as he suggested and received a confirmation reply from Olga who has forwarded the details to the Hub Team. Thanks to you both for restoring some hope that progress might be made in resolving this issue.

I have also responded to my (open or not open, who can tell from the goobledegook that BT Support put in their e-mails?) support call suggesting they read this thread and also consider sending me a replacement Home Hub.

0 Ratings
AndyJWS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 70 of 555

Have only just gotten to add my submission into the email forms (sorry!) due to working hours...

Out of curiosity has anyone who has been in contact with BT over this found any other kind of lasting fix than replacing the Hub?

0 Ratings