cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 81 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Hi EB,

Robbie is out of the office at moment, please can you send me in those details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

@MarkKilroy71 I am sorry to hear that you are face the same issue, please can you also send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
EB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 555

Thx Paddy have done and found the right link to email it rather than PM, cheers for letting me pass on the info and hopefully we can work out what the common factors are and find the cause.

EB

0 Ratings
not_cordelia
Beginner
Message 83 of 555

Passed on the info to Paddy, hope it helps! In the meanwhile, I'm on the phone to India...

0 Ratings
jump-jet
Beginner
Message 84 of 555

Here is another person suffering with speed degradation issues with HH3. Same symptoms as everyone else. Tried everything that everyone else has tried with no result. I shall be watching this thread with interest.
0 Ratings
EB
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 555

jump jet, please don't sit and watch for an outcome, it might well be as painful as calling the 1st line BB desk 😉

Fill out Robbies template below and mail it to Paddy using the method he stated above.

The more info BT has to work out what it isn't the more chance they have of working out what it is:

1. Hub Line Type (ADSL,FTTC ,FTTP) :
  2. Please provide summary of issue (please include make, model and operating system):
  3. Can this issue be reproduce? If yes how:
  4. Hub Firmware version:
  5. Hub Serial Number:
  6. Telephone number the hub is connected to:
  7. Has the issue been present since install?
  8. If you answered 'No' to the above question has anything changed recently ; new firmware, new devices connected, BT TV service added etc. Also please add date issue first noticed:
  9. Is the issue there all the time? If not what are you doing when issue occurs:
0 Ratings
Highlighted
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 555

0 Ratings
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 87 of 555

Done all of the above. Still no sign of problem being resolved and nothing from Bt. cannot rely on wireless anymore and really fed up of resetting the hub - how many are there out there in similar position??
0 Ratings
keefo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 88 of 555

I count 33 people just on this thread alone.  

I would be willing to bet there are many more.  

It appears clear that either all the homehub 3 are dying at once or more likely there has been a network change which they don't like.

If BT can't identify this soon I'd like a homehub that works please.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 89 of 555

More than slightly frustrating.

Now after reporting the issue again via the personal link as requested, another acknowledgement from BT saying the issue would be addressed within 48 hours - again nothing. Not even any contact.

So now after goodness knows how many mails and how many of their 'technical' people being involved, still nothing. Does no one at BT manage 'issues' and realise this one issue is not only costing their time, but also irretrievably damages their reputation?

I now see from the above that 'Robbie' may be out of office, so another BT bod is requesting the details should be addressed to them - surely these issues need to be dealt with centrally via a common mailbox? Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh. This way leads insanity.

0 Ratings
Biggles-Norwich
Aspiring Contributor
Message 90 of 555

@stevetucknott wrote:

More than slightly frustrating.

Now after reporting the issue again via the personal link as requested, another acknowledgement from BT saying the issue would be addressed within 48 hours - again nothing. Not even any contact.

So now after goodness knows how many mails and how many of their 'technical' people being involved, still nothing. Does no one at BT manage 'issues' and realise this one issue is not only costing their time, but also irretrievably damages their reputation?

I now see from the above that 'Robbie' may be out of office, so another BT bod is requesting the details should be addressed to them - surely these issues need to be dealt with centrally via a common mailbox? Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrgh. This way leads insanity.

There IS a central e-mail box btbroadband@bt.com which you get to if you submit a support issue through the BT web site but that gets you connected to offshore support who don't seem to have the ability and/or knowledge to effectively troubleshoot problems, whereas the mods in this forum seem much more clued up. Having already submitted a support call via he BT web site I replied to an e-mail from btbroadband@bt.com (after umpteen exchanges by web chat, e-mail and promised but never to materialise phone calls) clearly stating all of the things that had been tried - line check, restart HH3, factory reset HH3, change HH3 from smart to fixed WiFi channel, change HH3 from fixed to smart WiFi channel (all of the HH3 changes resulted in temporary restoration of speed), and stated that they should NOT suggest trying any of them again and that in my opinion the symptoms pointed to a faulty router. Got a voice mail yesterday saying that as a result of my e-mail they are sending me out a replacement Home Hub 3 which should arrive within 5 or 6 working days. I will post back results to this forum when I have received it and tried it out.

0 Ratings