cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
captive8
Beginner
Message 141 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Have had the exact same problems since mid January. Speed on a wired connection is 63mb+ but wireless yesterday was 0.08down - 0.09up!! We suffer constant wireless drops - up to 8 a minute today making it impossible to use any mobile device. When trying to reconnect we are always asked for the wireless password which is extremely frustrating.

Contacting support? Well, I think we all know how useful that is! Looking to buy a new router, possibly the d-link N600 but I really feel that I should not have to do this just to get the service I have paid for. Hopefully a proper solution will be found soon. 

0 Ratings
JimF
Beginner
Message 142 of 555

Just want to add myself to the number who have this problem. I've just found this thread and like captive8 have no intention of being told to do everything I've already tried.

My 'normal' speed of around 36 drops off after only a couple of hours at most - has been as low as .7, though it appears that around 1.8 to 2.5 is usually where it goes (with lots of dropouts). Wired speed is a fairly constant 69/70 and expected wifi about 36/37.
0 Ratings
keefo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 143 of 555

I spoke too soon, wireless completely died again tonight.  Maybe I was optimistic in thinking BT might actually be doing something about this.  Maybe it only stayed up a bit longer because I switched back to automatic channel selection.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 144 of 555

It has been put forward on another thread on this same subject, that the problem maybe related to having BTFON turned on - so have all the other people on this thread got that turned on?

I have here, but I've had that turned on for months AFAIK, so although it may be related to the problem, it doesn't explain what changed around the start of this year to bring the issue to the fore. Stil, if we all have BTFON on, then it may give BT a clues as to what is happening.

Any update from BT anyway?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 145 of 555

I've had bt fon on for at least the last year so doesn't explain the wifi drop in January of this year. All of these problems still exist - I turn off the hub at night and have an hour or so on the morning after turning on, at good speed. After that its reset time!
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 146 of 555

I've had PaddyB get in touch with regard to the home hub team changing some settings in my hub - not sure if anyone else has had similar contact. I'll come back to you here once they've made the changes and any results are apparent.

0 Ratings
rocketman
Aspiring Member
Message 147 of 555

Well apparently I don't have BT FON enabled although I thought I did enable it when I first got Infinity.

The wireless drops to 1Mb on average once a day, although sometimes it does last longer.

I just disable/enable wireless through the web UI. I switched to using channel 13 some time ago, but it hasn't made much difference.

Needless to say that my other access point (a TP-LINK wireless router cabled to the HH3) works with no fade or drop out.

I did report this to the mods when asked originally.

0 Ratings
Cnutts
Beginner
Message 148 of 555

I had a long conversation with a BT chap this morning from the Complaints Department.  They will not accept that this is a widespread problem with HH3 or that it is a BT problem.  I was advised that we were 'out of contract' and thus the HH3 could not be replaced for free.  This is the first I have ever been told that we were out of contract.  Nowhere has that ever been explained.  I just assumed as we continued to pay every month that the original contract was automatically renewed and no one has advised me differently until today.  The upshot is that I am having to take out a new contract for another £5.60 a month which will include a free HH5, which they assure me is the answer.  I wonder ...   I will be watching this forum to see if they do finally admit it is down to them.  I find it inconceivable that everyone on here started experiencing the same problem at exactly the same time.   All my kids are with Virgin and think we are daft continuing with BT.   I think I will seriously consider a change in 12 months.

0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 149 of 555

Cnutts,

We'll that answer would have stumped me - as if they're saying the HH5 is the answer, then they know the problem is in the HH3. Surely they can't have it both ways - ie '...or that it is a BT problem' and then say the HH5 will fix it.('...which will include a free HH5, which they assure me is the answer...').? That simply stinks to me of their support team acting more like sales target driven people than techies.

If you can wait to see how this thread resolves itself, I would take that option at the moment.

0 Ratings
Cnutts
Beginner
Message 150 of 555

I actually put that argument to him - that the solution they were offering was to have to renew your contract and pay more, which was an admission they could not put HH3 right but didn't get a very clear answer.  He told me that I was the first person this month to complain about this particular problem so people weren't going to BT to highlight that there was a problem, which is obviously not the case.  We went round in circles really.  I am really miffed about not being told we were out of contract.  I don't know of any other industry where you would continue to pay a monthly fee and yet be out of contract ??? 

0 Ratings