cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Hi Redshift & jcampbell911,

You guys will be able to see our contact link now.  It's in my profile under the "about me" section.  Please include the below info too.

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
chris_n
Aspiring Contributor
Message 292 of 555

Hi Robbie

did you not want my information too?

0 Ratings
Message 293 of 555

Hi chris_n,

Whoops, must have overlooked you, my bad.

No problem, you'll be able to see our contact link now too.  Make sure and include the info in my post above when you complete the form.

Thanks,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
thempstead
Beginner
Message 294 of 555

I seem to have been missed in asking to contact as well (original post #248)

Tim

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lucaspowell
Beginner
Message 295 of 555

Been on Infinity for a couple of years, always been fine. Problem started a few weeks ago. Signal drops to 1 - 2 meg or off altogether. Wired connection is fine.

Was about to buy a new router until I found this thread.

Have messaged Help Team.

0 Ratings
AndyB74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 296 of 555

I've just had a message from the mods telling me that this specific issue only affects home hub 3B.  If, like me, you are using a home hub 3A, you are battling a different WiFi dropout problem!

AndyB74

0 Ratings
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 297 of 555

Just had the same message after all this time waiting for a solution. Sounds like a big cop out from Bt. Right you guys - who knows of a better independent router, tried and tested out there. I've heard that you can get one to replace the hub 3 unit and the white box. Must be lots of us still with the same problem.
Vic S
0 Ratings
stevetucknott
Contributor
Message 298 of 555

This is just insane. Luckily, I'm one of the people where a BT settings change has had an impact, but I still feel that BT's lack of proactivity here is horrendous. This issue has been going on for months - and if BT don't know what the issue is still, how on earth can they state what version HH boxes are being affected?

C'mon BT, keep people informed as to what is going on.

This all makes me feel as if I want to move on - as, even though my issue is fixed, the way BT are treating the issue is just appalling - and it could be me being treated this way next time.

0 Ratings
dbentley
Beginner
Message 299 of 555

I too had the same problem starting in early Janary.  I spent hours on the phone to BT support in India and UK.  No result.  I got fed up with waiting for a solution from BT, so at the end of March I bought a TP-Link TD-W9980 from Amazon to replace the HH3.  Installation was easy if you do it via their web-site (accept the defaults), but don't try to do it via the CD-rom supplied.

Performance on all attached devices (7 wifi and 2 cabled) is excellent.  I have now even converted my desktop to wi-fi and will shortly remove the unsightly ethernet cable which I had previously used to connect it.

I fully agree that BT's response to our problems has been absolutely pitiful.  Now I have removed their router I intend to switch to another supplier as soon as my line rental contract expires.

David B 

0 Ratings
chris_n
Aspiring Contributor
Message 300 of 555

Still don't have the link available to contact mods as advised yesterday.

0 Ratings