cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-Retired
Message 301 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Hi chris_n, 

You should see the contact link in my profile. Let me know if you are still having problems.

Thanks,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Ronhaar
Beginner
Message 302 of 555

Has anyone come up with a solution to this problem?

Changing wifi channel and HH3 config settings dont work for me.

0 Ratings
lucaspowell
Beginner
Message 303 of 555

So are BT doing anything about this or do I have to buy a new router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
AndyB74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 304 of 555

@lucaspowell wrote:

So are BT doing anything about this or do I have to buy a new router?

Last status update from the Mods was post #287, two days ago:

"We really appreciate your continued patience and fully appreciate how frustrating this issue is.

Unfortunately the cause of the issue is still unknown but investigations are continuing.  Thank you to everyone who has sent in their details, We will continue to update the thread as soon as we have any new information."

0 Ratings
CallumTanner27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 305 of 555

So I've been told this issue only affects BT Home Hub 3 type B and not the BT Home Hub 3A which I have, but the issues I have experienced seem very similar. Does anyone else have a Hub 3A and have this issue? Could a moderator please look into the Hub 3A and confirm it is unrelated please.

Thanks

0 Ratings
lucaspowell
Beginner
Message 306 of 555

Yes I have the 3A with the same issues.

0 Ratings
vic1956
Aspiring Contributor
Message 307 of 555

Likewise- see all my previous postings....
0 Ratings
GMCUser
Message 308 of 555

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now. I have the HH3. Luckily I have found this thread as spending hours on a technical call to BT would be a complete waste of time

I measured the download speed this morning - 0.5Mb/s. Reset the hub and modem - back up to 33Mb/s. I have to do a reset at least once a day to maintain an acceptable speed.

Any chance that I can be added to the list of guinee pigs for the 'fix'?

Keith

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 309 of 555

Hi GMCUser, 

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post. 

Please can you send over your details using the contact the mods link and I'll pass those details through to the Hub team. You'll find the "contact the Mods" link by clicking my username, please include the following info.

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Cheers,

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
jawwadccc
Beginner
Message 310 of 555

I have been having the same issue since January.

First i was told to change the channel and that kept me going for a week or so.  Then i was changing the channel every 1-2 days.

Eventually i started phoning BT everytime this is what happend:

-  The told me to change the channel and said they were monitoring the line - didnt help

-  Unplugged the router and Open Reach Box and said they were monitoring the line - didnt help

-  Reset the rouer (using a pin) and said they were monitoring the line - didnt help

-  They reset the router from there end and said they were monitoring the line - didnt help

Eventually i paid 16.95 and got a new router (Hub 3) and that was ok for 2 days and again today i have had the same issue.  Inconsistent wireless speed.  Some devices just do not connect.

Annoyingly prior to Jan i had the service for more than a year and never had an issue and always had a great wireless speed (even though back then my router was on the floor).

It has been on a mid size table for a few months now and still no joy.

Be great if someone from BT gets on it before i end up leaving.

0 Ratings