cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
teakbank12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 351 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

I have a daily drop out of my Hub 5 between 8pm & 10pm approx, only happening this regular since getting hub 5 & infinity.

Sometimes the hard wired pc next to hub also disconnects other times the wired pc stays connected but my wifi tablet & BT smart cam drop out.

I turn hub off & this sometimes fixes problem but i can do without this as evening time is when i use wifi more than ever for spotify etc....

Surely the broadband shouldn't disconnect daily??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
CallumTanner27
Aspiring Contributor
Message 352 of 555

Well my connection has been fine to wifi for over a week now and then suddenly for the last 2 nights it has had constant disconnections and packet loss, could a moderator have someone look at my connection please. Obviously its also affecting my Hub type A and not just Type Bs.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Message 353 of 555

@andy_judge @billashworth @karlos69 

Please can you send over your details using the contact the mods link and I'll pass those details through to the Hub team. You'll find the "contact the Mods" link by clicking my username, please include the following info.

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Thanks,

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
hathawaj
Beginner
Message 354 of 555

Hello, Someone else here with the same issue.  I have poor speed and devices losing their connection.  I had found that changing the wireless channel helped for a while but then the same issues occurred again.

0 Ratings
pokedmund
Contributor
Message 355 of 555

Just decided to edit my post as I feel it was inappropriate.

But my speeds are fixed now.  But I'm not using BT Home Hub 3 anymore.

Feel free to message me for further details.

0 Ratings
Ajg1989
Beginner
Message 356 of 555

Been redirected to this page as I have the same problem too, past few months I had slow wifi on my infinity through my BT Home Hub 3. Realised my wired connection is still fast at about 75mbps, but wifi down to 2mbps so I have to keep changing channels to improve the speed which goes up to 40mbps. Just downloaded a program on the laptop which monitors my network area and see if my router interferes other networks, next time my speed drops I see if it's the channel clashing with another.

What I been reading on this page, looks like it's a common issue with the Hub 3 since beginning of the year. I hope BT sort a new update which fixes this, seems unfair we have to pay out for a new hub or contract just to resolve this issue.
0 Ratings
Message 357 of 555

@Ajg1989 @hathawaj 

Please can you send over your details using the contact the mods link and I'll pass those details through to the Hub team. You'll find the "contact the Mods" link by clicking my username, please include the following info.

Telephone number:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Thanks,

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
BILLYT
Beginner
Message 358 of 555

Im getting this problem too , ive been on the phone to BT 3 Times for the last 2 weeks and still they insist on unplugging the phone cable and the face plate etc when wifi has nothing too do with the **bleep** faceplate etc grrrrrr seriously thinking of going to plusnet now even though i no they own um but id get a better service

0 Ratings
Racehorse1
Beginner
Message 359 of 555

I'm so glad I'm not the only one, its been driving the whole family mad.

The daily resetting the Hub 3 is crazy just so that we can print or connect to the internet. We've been through every channel (on BT's advice) and we've had same advice from BT, thats its the location of the hub... Really!! ... it had been working perfectly until about 6 months ago.

If someone from BT is reading this, please can this be sorted asap as it's obvious I'm not the only one. We've asked for a new hub but have been told we would have to pay for a Hub 4 or 5.

I don't care what hub it is I just need it to work.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 555

@BILLYT and @Racehorse1 

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the problems with your wireless connection.

Telephone number:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings