cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toddy73
Beginner
Message 411 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Thank you, will do.
0 Ratings
TheReverend
Contributor
Message 412 of 555

Is the configuration change now being sent out to everybody who contacts? Back when I messaged I got a reply saying you're aware etc and to keep checking for more news when there's any progress, but never got back with any configuration change. If it is something that seems to be working and being handed out now I would love to get a piece of the action 🙂 If not I'm quite happy waiting.

Also, I'm sure many of us would like to know what the configuration changes, if you have that info to share? It may well keep up the WiFi speed, but if that is because it automatically turns the WiFi on and off every so often, momentarily losing the connect, that could be quite important for serious gamers for example.

And to all those that are thinking of changing provider if they can't get an immediate fix, I'd personally prefer the less hassle version of ordering a new router online, many can be had for not too much cost.

0 Ratings
Toddy73
Beginner
Message 413 of 555

"And to all those that are thinking of changing provider if they can't get an immediate fix, I'd personally prefer the less hassle version of ordering a new router online, many can be had for not too much cost."
I don't think this problem/fault should cost me anything - I already pay £46 per month for my broadband - surely I am entitled to a service that works as it is supposed to?
Switching to a new provider would be worth the 'hassle' if it becomes necessary.
🙂
0 Ratings
ian_c
Message 414 of 555

Can add me to the list - reported problem 23/4 (didn't find this thread until today).

Factory reset seems to "work" for about 36hrs, then it's back to being off and on until the next time (It's got so bad I know my default admin password off by heart!).  Already moved to a channel that isn't in use in the vicinity.  Call centre appears not to know anything other than how to read a script.

Have those that have had assistance from the mods noticed an improvement?

Thanks

Ian

Home Hub 3 Version 4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.11 (Type A)

0 Ratings
Message 415 of 555

Hi ian_c and welcome,

Can you send me over your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
AndyB74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 416 of 555

Hi DavidM,

When I submitted my details to the mods, I was told that the issue was only affecting HH3 type B, and that my HH3A was not affected.  However, I notice that a number of other HH3A users are also reporting what seems to be the same problem, including ian_c.  Are the Hub team still working on the understanding that only HH3Bs are affected?

Many thanks for your help,

AndyB74

0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 417 of 555

We've also got a HH3A and we are definitely experiencing the problem discussed!  I sent all the details to a mod last week but haven't had an update from the Hub team as yet.

0 Ratings
jonnybrussell
Contributor
Message 418 of 555

same problems here

I renewed a few months ago and was told i could not get a new hub but the old one was covered (nice way to treat loyal customers).

So lots of speed drops, devices unable to connect, router resets and i really dont think i can face yet another round of discussions where i turn the router of and on and off and on and they they declare the problem fixed.

Im getting increasing frustated with BT's level of support and customer care - all they appear to care about is new sign ups and they treat loyal customers with disdain.

0 Ratings
Vickster69
Contributor
Message 419 of 555

The last time I had a major issue with my connections (a year or so ago) I went via the normal helpline for starters - but they just don't have the technical knowledge for anything much more than 'switch it off and on again', which I think we all know to do anyway.  They then told me I needed to contact their technical experts - but that is a chargeable service!  Luckily I'm pretty tech-savvy myself, and I had already tried absolutely everything that I could think of, plus whatever else I could find suggested via various Google searches - so I knew it had to be a problem on BT's side.  Thankfully I then found this forum, and the issue I was having had already been logged on here by a few other users too - and BT did get it fixed for us in the next couple of weeks (took a while to do more investigations first, once they got all the info required from us lot).

So the moral of the story is - the help and support provided via this forum is brilliant, so stick to this and avoid the normal helpline! 🙂

0 Ratings
karanved
Contributor
Message 420 of 555

Hello,

Sorry if this is repeated, but has anyone tried to change the position of HH3.

Like for example, if your HH3 is placed next to TV or any electric equipment, has anyone tried to change the position of HH to a different place like a less crowdy place like on a shelf or a table 2ft above the floor and no electric equipment apart from openreach modem should be withn 5ft of radius of your HH.

Also swapping channels its definately a temprory fix and not a permanent one. So channels need to be changed quite often, also HH3 cannot be left on automatic smart wireless as sometimes it dosen't change channel on its own.

But repositining of your HH is worth giving a go, reason being there might be interference present around your homehub itself...

Also you might wanna have a look into these :-

http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Wireless

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/c/346/a_id/38064/?s_intcid=bbhub_L1:popular_L2:38064

Hope this helps!!..

0 Ratings