cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philfor
Message 201 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

I'm having similar problems with infinity HH3 wifi. Recently, since January, speed drops down from 20+ down to 1 or 2 mbps. A temporary fix to restore speed by resetting the hub or cycling power or changing channel works, but wifi speed is usually slow again within a day.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 202 of 555

Hi shopps and philfor, 

Can you send me over your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will get your info off to the hub team. Please include your hub serial number and a brief description of the issue you are having. 

Cheers,

OlgaC

0 Ratings
Saddlers6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 203 of 555

I have been following this thread for a few months and have decided to throw in my own experience.

As many have mentioned I have also been experiencing wifi "fade" since Christmas/new year time. The speed drops to around 2-5mbs until a Home hub3 reset or wifi channel is changed which brings the speed back up to 50mbs+ After a short period ranging from 30mins to 24 hours the speed then drops to  2-5mbs.

When calling BT they run several test on the line, reset the router and claim the problem is fixed! When its explained to BT that the speed will shortly drop they go on the defensive and say that they do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I feel that BT have been very quick to blame the issue on its customers ranging from

"the home hub is too close to the TV"

"It must be some local interference... maybe a neighbours wifi"

"too many devices"

After 3 months it seem that BT is slowly realising that this is a problem their end or with the Home hub.

Can we have assurance from BT, any affected customers will receive a refund once BT acknowledges the problem is of their making. I would presume that many customers have this issue and do not realise it, I wonder if this is worthy of a Watchdog complaint soon?

shopps
Contributor
Message 204 of 555

@OlgaC wrote:

Hi shopps and philfor, 

Can you send me over your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will get your info off to the hub team. Please include your hub serial number and a brief description of the issue you are having. 

Cheers,

OlgaC

Hi OlgaC,

I have sent over my line stats including router serial number to PaddyB earlier today.  Thanks.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 205 of 555

Hi shopps, 

I can see your details now and have passed this info on. 

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings
shopps
Contributor
Message 206 of 555

@Saddlers6 wrote:

I have been following this thread for a few months and have decided to throw in my own experience.

As many have mentioned I have also been experiencing wifi "fade" since Christmas/new year time. The speed drops to around 2-5mbs until a Home hub3 reset or wifi channel is changed which brings the speed back up to 50mbs+ After a short period ranging from 30mins to 24 hours the speed then drops to  2-5mbs.

When calling BT they run several test on the line, reset the router and claim the problem is fixed! When its explained to BT that the speed will shortly drop they go on the defensive and say that they do not guarantee wifi speeds.

I feel that BT have been very quick to blame the issue on its customers ranging from

"the home hub is too close to the TV"

"It must be some local interference... maybe a neighbours wifi"

"too many devices"

After 3 months it seem that BT is slowly realising that this is a problem their end or with the Home hub.

Can we have assurance from BT, any affected customers will receive a refund once BT acknowledges the problem is of their making. I would presume that many customers have this issue and do not realise it, I wonder if this is worthy of a Watchdog complaint soon?

Hi Saddlers6,

Could not agree more, BT will blame a whole host of issues as you mentioned and the comical 'Technical' support have insinuated that I am lying to them lately, they have asked me to change my HH3 from 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz!  When I inform them that this HH3 does not have this option they state I am not looking in the right area and they insist this router is 5Ghz capable!

Also my setup, as with many on this thread, is a separate white box to allow fibre speeds with no line filters and BT have even blamed the line filters when I don't even have any, they again insist I am not looking at the right place & blame this on me!

We all know this is an issue as this thread & the contributing moderators with admit but why do BT India refuse to accept anything we tell them?  Why cannot a company the size of BT employ some technical 1st line support in place of the scripted robots we have to speak to?  1 person from 1st line support has admitted this is beyond her capability & after 75 mins of diagnostics went to transfer me to 2nd line support only for the line to mysteriously go dead as soon as I was transferred!

TheReverend
Contributor
Message 207 of 555

Call me stupid, but I am logged in (as I am posting here) but can't see anywhere on your profile a link for contacting the mods, only to send you a private message which you say is not where to contact you 😕 Where am I not looking?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 208 of 555

you can only see the mods contact link if you receive an invite to contact from them
Message 209 of 555

Hi TheRverend,

If you click on my username now you'll see the contact the mods link.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
TheReverend
Contributor
Message 210 of 555

Thanks @NeilO , info sent

0 Ratings