cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pokedmund
Contributor
Message 221 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

@gg30340 wrote:

pokemund,

Did you see the reply to your message 195 of this thread.

edited by mod

If a moderator wants to ask me, I'm more than happy to reply.

Please do not reply to my messages as they will be ignored.  Again, if a moderator wants further information from me, I will discuss it with them.  Thank you.

0 Ratings
pokedmund
Contributor
Message 222 of 555

edited by mod One of the BT team have said they will send me a new Home Hub 3 to test out, which I am grateful for.  I'd still like to give BT the benefit of the doubt here and the moderators (the official moderators here that is) have given me a little, tiny hope that this might be fixed.

However, if the new hub doesn't fix things, then yes, I too will let bbc know.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 223 of 555

@pokedmund wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

pokemund,

Did you see the reply to your message 195 of this thread.

editd by mod

If a moderator wants to ask me, I'm more than happy to reply.

Please do not reply to my messages as they will be ignored.  Again, if a moderator wants further information from me, I will discuss it with them.  Thank you.

Having tried to assist you in the past in a previous thread that you started and again in this thread by suggesting that you may have a different problem to what has been posted here and that you may have missed that message and being met with the above response from you, I can assure you that after this message I will not reply to anything that you may post again in this or any future threads.

0 Ratings
Message 224 of 555

Ok guys. We know this is really frustrating for you and we are trying to get it resolved as quickly as possible but please keep it friendly and on topic.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Saddlers6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 225 of 555

Please understand our frustration when we are blamed by BT for having our hub too close to the TV or the fact that it must be interference from a neighbour’s wifi......

BT customer support then tells us that its not their problem as it’s a wifi issue and as such BT does not guarantee wifi speeds.

I appreciate the fact that some people at BT are looking into this but it has been over 3months now.

I again ask "will customers affected by this be offered refunds?"

BT deleted my last post where I encouraged others with this issue to contact BBC Watchdog. As BT don’t seem happy with me suggestion this I will not encourage anyone else to do the same.

smokinstu
Beginner
Message 226 of 555

@TheReverend my iphone seems to stay connected ok, just goes slow. Checked my girlfriends S5 before and its just dropping the connection - reconnecting then dropping again. She told me about it started happening 3-4 weeks ago (i told her it was a problem with her phone at the time so am getting a bit of greif now).

But looking at this logically there is no software been updated on the hub in ages, but the mass of problems your getting now, all starting to happen in last 6 weeks or so, it would seem to highlight some sort of componant failure in the router.

I know someone on here mentions the transformer plug, and i know that has caused issues past BT hubs, but I dont think that would that only effect wireless.  

Reading through this thread didnt give me much hope it would be fixed anytime soon so ive bought a second hand router of ebay for £14 that i think will fix all my problems. If you want my HH3 back BT your welcome to it. 

0 Ratings
EGM
Beginner
Message 227 of 555

HH3 Type B WiFi drops to 1Mbps from 30Mbs approx every 24hrs.  Problems began just after Xmas 2014. No problems over previous 2 years. The initial problem was lack of comms to my WiFi printer & I found I could not ping any of my WiFi connected devices. Re-setting the HH3 cleared the fault condition. I later found that the Download bit rate was dropping to arround 1Mbps at the same time. I was shocked to find out how many other HH3 users were experiencing the same problem, when I looked at the Forum messages. Their must be thousands of BT customers unaware that they have this problem.

I borrowed a HH3 Type A & used it for 6x days without any problems.

Will send HH3 details when requested.

0 Ratings
Bognor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 228 of 555

I too have been experiencing this problem since January. Despite trying all the fixes in this thread and a wasted twenty five minute call to India I see that that BT has still no resolution. It would have saved twenty five minutes of my life if BT's colleagues in India had at least acknowledged there was a problem instead of of wasting my time on scripted tests that got no where.
0 Ratings
Message 229 of 555

@Dazza115 @EdK @m0nster @Saddlers6 @EGM @Bognor 

I am sorry to hear that you are facing the same issue. 

Please can you send over your details using the contact the mods link and I'll pass those details through to the Hub team. You'll find the "contact the Mods" link by clicking my username, please include the following info.

Telephone number:

Serial number of hub connected:

A few words describing your experience, (How often does this issue appear?, How long does it last?, have you found any workarounds?  What impact does it have on your connection?)

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Saddlers6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 230 of 555

Thank you, I will pass on this information tonight.

Can I ask again for another time on this forum:
"will customers affected by this be offered refunds?"

I cant see any reason why our bills can't be refunded and paused until this issue is resolved.

Your thoughts on this please mod? and if this cant be done why not?

Thank you