cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barretec
Beginner
Message 281 of 555

Re: HH3 - Infinity - Local WiFi Channel 'fade'?

Thought I'd post my latest message from my recent thread on here.

'Hub 3 dropping wifi. Problem solved so far.

Suddenly realised that I had swapped my iphone charger (which was sited very close to the router) with the wifes as she needed a longer cable, mine was the apple charger but got replaced with one of the cheap sort you can buy in the local shop. So I swapped it back and so far (5 days later) no loss of wifi. Bear in mind I was rebooting nearly every day.

As an aside I have re-newed my BT broadband contract today and asked about a new router with my new contract. They offered me a HH4 for £35 + postage at £6.95 or a new HH4 FREE if I took the new contract without any discount for a year. Full price was £18, I'm on a discounted £13.85 rate for a year. This is not infinity. (not available as yet). 

I asked if I could buy a HH4 at a later date for £35 + postage if my problems return. They said yes at anytime during the contract'.  

0 Ratings
chris_n
Aspiring Contributor
Message 282 of 555

You can add me to the list of people with this problem.Only found it recently as I have been abroad all winter. First noticed a problem with the printer but thought it was because I had deleted it while away. Everything on wifi going slowy until reset, found out today wifes laptop wouldn't connect without resetting the HH.

0 Ratings
JMW206
Aspiring Contributor
Message 283 of 555

My hub had it's configuration settings modified last week, and I'm pleased to report that so far this seems to have fixed my wifi problem too.

Many thanks to the moderators for sorting this.

0 Ratings
Bognor
Aspiring Contributor
Message 284 of 555

Had the configuration change made on 1st April and no problems since. Download and Upload speeds stable and back to those at installation in 2012.
0 Ratings
EGM
Beginner
Message 285 of 555

Feedback

I assume my HH3 was modified in some way on 2-4-15, as I found I had no HH3 Browser access or WiFi printer access.

Reset HH3 & it has been good/stable to date for 6x days, with a steady download >30Mbps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 286 of 555

@barretec wrote:

I asked if I could buy a HH4 at a later date for £35 + postage if my problems return. They said yes at anytime during the contract'.  

Unless you have a pressing need for a Homehub you would be better spending your money on a third party router and save yourself any future problems with the Homehubs.

0 Ratings
Message 287 of 555

Hi Guys,

We really appreciate your continued patience and fully appreciate how frustrating this issue is.

Unfortunately the cause of the issue is still unknown but investigations are continuing.  Thank you to everyone who has sent in their details, We will continue to update the thread as soon as we have any new information.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Redshift
Aspiring Contributor
Message 288 of 555

Hi Robbie,
Not sure how many people are having problems but I'm another one.
Mine fades from 30mb down to 2mb download though the upload only varies from 10mb to 5mb.
The only way to get the speed back is to reset my Home Hub 3 which lasts for a few hours to over 24hours.
Is it the Home Hub that's the problem. I use my printer and radio wirelessly but without the fast speed they don't work.
Thanks
Redshift
0 Ratings
Message 289 of 555

Same issue as everyone else with wifi speed dropping and only being fixed briefly by changing channel.

My problem was solved by buying a new HH5 but the very same issue is happening with my mothers and sisters HH3 set ups. I am lothed to fork out for three new HH5's when this is clearly an issue with BT hardware. 

I can't see a link on the moderators profile (other than PM) to contact them? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 290 of 555

per previous message about this, you will not see the link to contact the moderators. You will need to wait until they open the link to you.

0 Ratings