Did you mean: 
Highlighted
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

HH3 port forwarding not working

Go to solution

Hello,

I've had my HH3 a few weeks now (replaced a HH2) and port forwarding isn't working. I haven't made any real changes to the settings and it worked fine on my HH2 with the exact same port forwards for all software (e.g. Minecraft, Steam, etc)

I have created the application correctly and forwarded it to the PC correctly on the correct port, but it refuses to allow any traffic in on that port. I know the software is working because it's working on my home LAN.

I even tried putting the computer in the DMZ and that failed too, as is using the other computers in my house in case there was an issue with this one.

Equipment not requiring port forwarding running as servers (e.g. my xbox) work fine as does Hamachi.

I've tried resetting (even though it is new and I've not changed things) and disabling the firewall too.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: HH3 port forwarding not working

Go to solution
if you use the forum search feature you will see many posts on this subject
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

See this page

Port forwarding problems

0 Ratings
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks, but I aready tried the forums.

I'm on firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.57.1.3

As mentioned I have set everything up ok, the mac addresses are fine, e.g. here are my settings

minecraft      Adam-PC 14:da:e9:b6:33:5a
Steam Games    Adam-PC  14:da:e9:b6:33:5a
Terreria     Adam-PC  14:da:e9:b6:33:5a

which are configured like this:
minecraft: Any    25565    25565

terreria: Any    7777    7777

steam: from standard list

As mentioned, I tried disabling the firewall and putting the PC's in the DMZ. upnp works just fine, it's just port forwarding and only on my HH3. Swap out to my HH2 and it works fine. I can't use the HH2 because the wireless antenna has failed (hence the upgrade) and I'm getting infiniti in November.

0 Ratings
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

btw, I tried running wireshark on the pc and there was no data on the ports mentioned, canuseeme.com said no and I've also disabled windows firewall.

0 Ratings
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hello,

I have solved the problem.

What threw me was I couldn't connect myself so I ruled out the others doing it wrong, however after using a port listener and sending data myself from another computer outside my network it worked and so the real problem is that the HomeHub doesn't support reverse-NAT.

Perhaps that could be added to the list of things that can fail, i.e. you cannot connect from within your LAN to another computer on the LAN by going through the external ip address, i.e. reverse NAT/

So essentially, it was all down to the people connecting to me must not have been doing it right.

0 Ratings