Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

HH3 to SmartHub - can't access any of my Home IP cams

Go to solution

Hello,

Just upgraded from a Home Hub 3 to the new Smart Hub.

I had a few IP CCTV cams connected by WiFi to my old HH3 setup, they were each set to fixed IPs (192.168.1.xxx) and I had Port Forwarding set for each.

When I got the new Smart Hub, I changed the Smart Hub name indentifier so it was the same as the old Home Hub 3 one  (eg 'BTHUB3-4FCE') for example and also changed the WiFi password to be the same one I used on the old Home Hub 3 setup.  The plan being, that the IP cams would be able to transmit to the new Smart Hub as the hub Indentifier and WiFi passwords were the same.

Problem, I cannot access the IP cams at all with the Smart Hub.    I just can't 'see' them on the Smart Hub, and I can't even log-in to the IP cameras individually in a Web-browser as I did before (I use the correct Port suffix, eg 192.168.1.189:2347)

I re-connected the old Home Hub 3 and logged-in the each IP cameras, where removed the Fixed IP allocation from each cam, going back to DHCP.  Then replugged in the new Smart Hub.   But the Smart Hub still cannot 'see' them as devices. When I go to the Port Frowarding page on the Hub, no camera comes up as a 'device' as the Hub does not 'see' the cameras.

I can't figure this one out.  I really need the cams for caring committments. Anyone out there help?  Much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: HH3 to SmartHub - can't access any of my Home IP cams

Go to solution

Its best to assign a static IP address manually on the cameras, and make sure they are outside of the home hubs DHCP range.

Make sure uPnP is disabled, as that can cause problems.

Use 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.63.

Here is an example screen from a HH6 that I manage, it shows a computer on 192.168.1.32, an IP camera on 192.168.1.31, and a NAS on 192.168.1.60.

final_mapping.jpg

Wookie999
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks, that was much appreciated.  I got some of my cams working, just took ages due the 'quirks' of this new fangled Router, eg the map of the Connected Devices taking about 40 seconds to refresh itself.

But... light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers !

0 Ratings
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

...just a parting shot.

This turned out to be un-solved.

The 'Smart' hub started to 'forget' devices it appeared to have already happily connected to.

For example, I would gain an IP camera, then lose all my networked printers.

Just a bloomin nightmare.

Contract cancelled. Bye Bye BT 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Contract cancelled. Bye Bye BT 

Thats an expensive way of sorting out the problem. Buying a third party router would have been much cheaper.

If you upgraded via BT, then your broadband contract would have been renewed for 12 or 24  months.

If you cancelled the upgrade, and were still in an existing contract, then you would be charged for that.

0 Ratings
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

BT supplied the Smart Hub under a new contract they said would be for 2 years.

It doesn't really matter to me now as I cancelled within the 14-day period - too many people on these forums have left it too long to see the lemon for what it is and are being held to the contracts.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

But were you out of contract before you renewed?

0 Ratings
Wookie999
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Yes, long out.

And no offence, but even if I wasn't a Failure to Deliver on a contract is a Frustrated Contract.

0 Ratings