Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cohech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HH4 Dynamic DNS with No-IP not working

Go to solution

Hi all - have been with BT for a while but using my own router until it failed recently.  Have now started using the HH4 provided by BT.

I've tried setting up Dynamic DNS using No-IP but I'm getting the error message "Dynamic DNS service status: Connection error - Invalid username".

Sounds like a pretty obvious fix for the problem but I am using the correct username.  Even tried copying and pasting my username from the No-IP site.  Have also doubled checked the password and host name.

Tried it a few days ago, then started again today but faced the same problem.

Just wondering (a) if anyone has DDNS working with No-IP on their HH4? and (b) does anyone have any ideas of how to fixed this problem?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gavin333
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: HH4 Dynamic DNS with No-IP not working

Go to solution

Hi,

I recently join BT infinity with HH5.  I exactly have the same problem as yours.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
cohech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Has *anyone* had No-IP dynamic DNS working on HH4?

Go to solution

This is a general question and nothing to do with the recent No-IP outage reported in the press.

I raised a question previously about my No-IP conncetion not working and the only reply was from somebody else with the same problem.  

I'm therefore interested to know if anyone has got dynamic DNS working using No-IP service?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
cohech
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Re: Has *anyone* had No-IP dynamic DNS working on HH4?

Go to solution

Problem fixed!

My no-ip password included special characters (eg. $, %, &, etc.). Changing my password to ony include alphanumerics now allows the HH4 to connect. 

Assume it's HH4 not handling special characters in the DDNS passwords correctly the caused the issue.

jejoenje
Message 5 of 5

Re: Has *anyone* had No-IP dynamic DNS working on HH4?

Go to solution

This solved my problem as well.

Settings for Dynamic DNS wouldn't update/save on new HH5, trying to log in to No-IP account which previously worked fine with HH3.

The problem was special characters in my No-IP password _ $.

Changed the password to simple alphanumeric characters in No-IP account, set the details in the HH5, connection succesful.

Thanks very much!

Jeroen

0 Ratings