cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackiegolf
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

HH5 Infinity Connections

I have had continuing problems trying to get broadband connection on my IMAC desktop ever since the new Home Hub 5 arrived 3 months ago, prior to which I had no problem with HH4.  BT Vision works well and also two Ipads where ever they are in our apartment.  However, connection to the internet via my desktop computer is a nightmare.  When I have telephoned BT and used their technical help, somehow I manage to get a connection, but after a day or so I switch on and again no connection.  I have a list of various networks on my computer, but when I try and connect with my own HH5 it usually cannot be done and will not accept my password.  I have had my computer checked by Apple who say there is no problem.  The HH5 is located adjacent to the TV in a different room to the computer and there is an outside wall between the two.  What is so strange is that I am now connected via BT Fon, as I cannot connect via HH5.  BT will not replace the HH5 or send a technician or give me any other advice, as they say that wi fi is connected, because of my Ipad connections.  Can anyone suggest something?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: HH5 Infinity Connections

Hi Jackiegolf,

Welcome to the community forum. You could try Changing The Wireless Channel to see if that helps. If that doesn't work you could try setting up a different network names (SSIDs) for the 2.4GHz and the 5GHz bands.

Take a look Here for more information how to change the SSID's.

Thanks

Paddy

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings