Message 21 of 45

Re: HH5 and Google Chromecast

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
Yanic
Contributor
Message 22 of 45

Re: Chromecast

Does anyone from BT read these forums? From all the evidence I can gather - it is an issue with the Homehub 5? Can this be confirmed or denied? 

I tested it out on my friends new Virgin Media super hub and it worked fine. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 45

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread, and may be able to make some enquiries.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, if you click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 45

Hi Yanic

Sorry to hear you have had problems getting this set up with the Home Hub 5.

I have raised this thread to the Hub team to see if we can get some answers to your questions.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Yanic
Contributor
Message 25 of 45

Hi Stuart, thanks for the reply. I have a feeling this is an HH4 and HH5 related problem. Pehraps a fix could be included in a firmware? 

There must be some google early adopter working on the UK Homehub team that also has this problem? I think Chromecast is launching here soon. 

FYI I also posted this same question on some other forums, the best replies I got were from AV forums and XDA.

See:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2524289

http://www.avforums.com/threads/chromecast.1830530/

Iain

0 Ratings
simulatorman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 45

Hi Stuart

I'm another one with the same problem:

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/HH5-and-Google-Chromecast/td-p/1070078

You're welcome to contact me me if you need any more information.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 45

As these threads are dealing with the same issue, I will merge them together, to keep all the replies in the same place.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
stephenhlane
Beginner
Message 28 of 45

Re: Issue with my ChromeCast

I have a fix for this.

I had the same problem on my BT Home Hub. Chromecast appears to have issues with dual band routers like the home hub (I may be wrong).

My solution was set a different SSID name for each band in the router settings. Then connect the Chromecast and the mobile device to the 2.4GHz band. Once both devices are set up on the same band they should talk to each other.

Note that there might be an issue with chromecast detecting the other 5GHz band, which is why I have chosen the 2.4GHz band for this fix.

Hope this helps

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Barrymoon
Message 29 of 45

Chromecast hub 4 issues

Hi all,

I have tried my chromecast on 3 different wireless hubs, virgin media etc. but my BT hub 4 will not let the chromecast through to allow its own connection.  It will if i just replicate laptop tab on chrome but will not allow the device to set up its own connectoin as is featured with youtube ect, even though other routers let it through and works fine.

I am not sure if this is a DNLA issue as i have read other posts about how bad BT deveices are at supporting this standard/protocol, such as those with a samsung smart tv attempting to stream media direct.

anyone else suffering and any solutions?

Barry

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 45

Re: Chromecast hub 4 issues

Take a read of the earlier posts in this thread, as its the HH4 and HH5 which are affected.

Especially this post http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/HH5-and-Google-Chromecast/m-p/1086718#M70904

0 Ratings