cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lancasd
Message 1 of 7

HH5 as a slave to HH6?

Go to solution

I have looked through the forum and found some suggestions/instructions but wondered if there was anything specific to having a Smart Hub 6 as the master (I've just replaced my old HH5 with it) and using the old HH5 via an ethernet cable as a slave/extendor to my shed in the garden. 

I had this set up with the HH5 as the master and an HH4 as the slave in the past.

The reason I'm asking is some of the older instructions aren't quite what I am seeing on the hub(s) - e.g it took me a while to find the dhcp bit of the new hub!

Any advice/suggestions, gratefully received and my apologies if I've missed the same question elsewhere on the forum.

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH5 as a slave to HH6?

Go to solution
The principles are exactly the same regardless of routers used.
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
You might have a better experience if you do it the other wat around ie., Hub 6 as slave to Hub 5. The Hub 6 has so many issues at the moment.

Regards
0 Ratings
lancasd
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks very much

0 Ratings
splinter
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Could you send me the details on how to use my hh5 as a wireless access point to the hh6

0 Ratings
splinter
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Can you send me details on how to connect my hh5 as a slave to hh6 so that i can put my hh5 in the garaage and connect to wirelessly through the hh5 to the internet

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Its extremely simple, just disable DHCP on the HH5, give it an IP address outside of the DHCP range of the HH6 and connect any LAN port on the HH6 to any LAN port on the HH5.

0 Ratings