cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

it is extremely unlikely the new hub as an when it is launched will have a modem only function on it
0 Ratings
Highlighted
rickydg
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 423

New BT Smart Hub / HomeHub 6

Just recieved an email asking me to register interest in the new BT hub. Wondering if there are any known fetures / characteristics that are know yet?

TIA 🙂

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 423

Re: New BT Smart Hub / HomeHub 6

Anything anyone knows will be be covered under NDA as per message 7 of this thread.

Regards

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 423

Re: New BT Smart Hub / HomeHub 6

well sorry but im going to break the NDA because its such a awsome bit of kit and post a pic of it....

129-0429093521-Tin-Can-Network.JPG

There is that many stories around its like chinese whispers but one of the things ive heard touted is a built in "femtocell", now sorry but im not sure i feel great at the thought of letting them use my hub to make calls......... i mean how much power this thing going to be pulling?

my money is on something to do with g.fast, its well known that they are testing various modem/router combos and if they have made there choice then whatever the hub6 is going to be id put money on it haveing reverse power built in

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 423

I doubt it will be quite as sophisticated as your picture. 😊😊
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 423

... or work as well as the set up in your picture if the HH5 is anything to go by.

It will be interesting to see what problems the "early adopters" have when they start using it.

0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 27 of 423

Just save yourselves any future pain and buy a decent router that BT have no access to screw up continuously or gives their support staff access to your home network.

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 28 of 423

BT Smart Hub

Does anyone have any details for the new BT Smart Hub? I've just had my email from BT detailing my contract price increase and in the letter you can pre-register (before 2nd June) for details of BT's brand new Smart Hub.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 423

Re: BT Smart Hub

0 Ratings
ChrisB
Expert
Message 30 of 423

I think the most likely addition for the Smart Hub (Home Hub 6) will be a femtocell (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femtocell) capability. This follows on from BT's acquisition of EE and will improve BT Mobile's coverage in the house. BT have aquired some 4G spectrum that may be used for this.

0 Ratings