Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 81 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

Wait so you not only recontracted but paid £50? I thought if you recontracted you get it for free and if you didnt want to recontract you pay the £50?

The story so far is variable.

One poster recontracted and still payed the £50. Just wait ....if you have already recontracted, and showed interest.

Not worth losing too much sleep over it.

0 Ratings
Message 82 of 423

Hmm maybe the wise thing to do then would be to wait Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 423

I was given two options:

1. £17.50/month for 12 mth contract - Smart Hub £50 plus £7.95 delivery

2. £30.00/month for 12 mth contract - Smart Hub free plus £7.95 delivery

0 Ratings
Message 84 of 423

That first option seems really good, we pay £30 now 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
se1lad
Aspiring Contributor
Message 85 of 423

Agreed - though it is strange there is nothing on the BT site about it yet.  I was told it was currently only available to exisiting customers recontracting.

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 86 of 423

I recontracted £14 per month for Infinity 2 over 24 months - had to pay £50 for the HH6 as mentioned earlier
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 87 of 423

@GeekOfBroadband wrote:

Hmm maybe the wise thing to do then would be to wait Smiley Wink

The very very wise thing would be to wait. While it no doubt has been tested, keep in mind so was the Homehub 5 and you only need to look through this forum to see what a crock of .... it was/is and the problems the " I must have this first" people had with it and to pay anything for it until you see how it performs over the next few months is madness beyond belief.

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 88 of 423

If I'd been unhappy with it, which I'm not, I'd have sent it back and cancelled the recontract within the 14 day cooling off period. That's not 'madness beyond belief' in my opinion.
0 Ratings
Message 89 of 423

We were actually thinking of leaving BT because our bills are average £100-£110 a month because of calls to mobiles from the landline as BT dont offer some sort of "Free mobile calls" addon like other ISP's do, and then with the HH5 rebooting and getting interleaved doesnt help. With a certain other ISP who dont use BT's network its less than half of what we're paying now with maxed out broadband, phone and tv Smiley Very Happy Smiley Happy But im sort of a BT fan so Im hoping it will be good

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 90 of 423

@abattle wrote:
If I'd been unhappy with it, which I'm not, I'd have sent it back and cancelled the recontract within the 14 day cooling off period. That's not 'madness beyond belief' in my opinion.

Early days... 

0 Ratings