cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 131 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

So I rang the number @gg30340 gave me and they basically said it would actually be more expensive if i re-contracted because I have 4 months left. They said it is normally cheaper if i re-contract when I have about 3-2 months left and said call back in the middle of July.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 132 of 423

@gg30340 wrote:
Am I reading that right. You have to pay £10.65 on top of what you are already paying to get the hub?

@gg30340

this was the rest of email

All you have to do is simply sign up to your existing infinity package for an extra £10.65 per month for another 18 months. If you sign up for this package by 2 July, you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 133 of 423

.. and of course you will be doing that!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 134 of 423

WHAT A DEAL - how can I refuse - quite easily

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 135 of 423

They must be mad but I am not surprised about anything to do with BT and its prices etc.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 136 of 423

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:
Ring up again and ask another rep to what they say.

I only recontracted on 10-5-2016, for 18 months. Just 41 days ago. This was done online.

One of the several influencing factors was the new Smart Hub to which I registered interest.

If it's going to be £50.00, then ...........

Hey Ho!

My apologies to BT.

Just opened up a new email, and I can order delivery of the new Smart Hub. They will add £4 per month to my billing.

Saves me £2 for the coming year. Smiley Surprised

I'll go ahead, based on the good reports from the BT forums.

Need a spare anyway, as the HH5 may fail at some time, although it's been ok to date.

To avoid butting in on other's conversations.

Here's my situation. I'm on BT Infinity 2, unlimited data.

The BT email, when meandering through the various links, specifically states that my offer of £4 extra per month applies to Infinity 2, unlimited.

As to whether my actual speeds still achieve BT Infinity 2 rates, or the new BT infinity 1 rates....that's another matter.

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 137 of 423

^^^^This is my issue^^^^
I get around 49 meg down and 14 meg up. I'd probably get better value out of Infinity 1 than I currently get with Infinity 2.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 138 of 423

@BoutTime wrote:
^^^^This is my issue^^^^
I get around 49 meg down and 14 meg up. I'd probably get better value out of Infinity 1 than I currently get with Infinity 2.

As long as you are happy to drop to 10mb up speed then certainly be better on new infinity 1 package

0 Ratings
Message 139 of 423

My Hub5 was up for 9-10days and rebooted last night and my max speed dropped by 10Mbs Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 140 of 423

The new hub is orderable on the BT website with a bit of link editing for £50 if anyone really wants to pay for it.. 😆
0 Ratings