cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Safsnowball
Contributor
Message 171 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

The reason why people are being quoted different prices for the HH 6, is because it's the difference between what they are currently paying and the new contract that they will sign up to at £32.50 a month.

A crazy way to do business, for me it would be an extra £9.50 a month - as if !

Highlighted
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 172 of 423

Dispatched, never got an email, just a text. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Message 173 of 423

You get an email once its been dispatched I got mine this morning 

0 Ratings
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 174 of 423

Hi,

I've got two questions about the new Smart Hub, which are not immediately obvious to me but hopefully are quite easy to answer.

The first, is whether my order of the new Smart Hub (made through the web-link) will be added to my next BT Bill, or if it will come out stright-away from my Visa Card?

The Second, is if I cancel my contract early (I've just started a new 12-month one with BT) will I be liable to pay-off the new hub, or is the £50 + shipping the only payment I need to make?

Many thanks, Paul

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 175 of 423

When following the web link you are given the choice of paying by card or adding the cost to your next bill.
I've purchased ordered one for £50 plus postage and there was no mention of the cost being subject to seeing out my contract which by the way ends in August. Only that the warranty on my existing HH5 will cease to be valid as the Smart Hub now becomes my primary hub.
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 176 of 423

Many thanks for answering my questions BoutTime - much appreciated!
0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 177 of 423

No problem. Just so you know…..I had to use the link posted in this thread as the option did not appear for me when logging into my account as normal. So I logged in and clicked on the link in this thread. It's still awaiting despatch and due for delivery Thursday. Cheers.
Lordsnooty
Aspiring Contributor
Message 178 of 423

BT Smart Hub and avoid Price Increase

Hi there

just received an Email from BT about BT Smart Hub for £7.05 extra a month. Now it says that you pay it for 18 months and the  delivery costs £7.95.. Does anyone know after 18 months of £7.05 the Hub is mine and the payment stops?

it also says that to avail of the offer I must agree to the extra £7.05 before the 2 July, "you will avoid the broadband price rise we wrote to you about in May this year."............how will I avoid the price rise?

What is the price increase for a infinity 2 customer?

0 Ratings
abattle
Contributor
Message 179 of 423

I initially set my HH6 to use one SSID for both bands, even though the Band Steering hasn't been activated yet. Our iPhones (6 and 5s) did not like this at all - they'd connect but after a while (probably when changing wireless bands) they'd disconnect and then would either take ages to reconnect or not reconnect at all. I've now changed it to two SSIDs for both bands and now everything is fine.

The second thing to say is that due to BTs price rises in July you are legally allowed to terminate your contract with no penalty payment, regardless if you are still in contract or not. This is how I managed to re-negotiate my contract to £14 per month for Infinity 2, even though I had 4 months of my contract left. They don't tell you this but it's true.
0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 180 of 423

Thanks for the info on the SSD bands. I've always split them for that reason and so wondered if this new hub would handle things any better. Obviously not. So I'll split them again.
For me I just paid the £57.95 without re-contracting. Their current offer of £28.50 isn't low enough. I'm also planning on squeezing another You view+ box out of them once my 12 months is up. I did this last year. My current box has trouble waking from sleep.
Just received an email to say my Smart Hub is on its way for delivery tomorrow. Cheers.
0 Ratings