You now get the Hub with new contracts

R5OigFm.png

0 Ratings
Highlighted
StevenNT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 362 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

I shall hold on untill Oct 1st when my current contract expires then downgrade to Infinity 1 and see if they can throw the new Smart Hub in while I'm on the phone to them as part of a deal then.

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 363 of 423

More than anything, I am suprised they are still giving the Hub 4 for new ADSL customers - I thought that they would have changed this to version 5 now..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 364 of 423

BT must still have a large stock of HH4 so no need for hh5 if on adsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 365 of 423

AC WiFi.
0 Ratings
Dean235
Aspiring Expert
Message 366 of 423

Recontracted and told by two BT Customer Service employees that I would receive a BT Smart Hub when I re-contract. Unfortunately, I still have yet to receive an email for one. They told me that I would get a email when my new contract starts again but I still don't have that either.

I was also turned to the Retentions Team by the second customer service agent but they were unavailable at the time. I'm still unsure about how the Retentions team could help as they deal with cancellations, right?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 367 of 423

the options/retention team deal with people wanting to cancel but try and get them to stay by offering a cheaper package.  this is also the case when you go to renew your contract.  i always use options team for best deal on renewal  0800800030

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 368 of 423

I currently have the Hub 5.

Would it be worth splashing out £57.95 on the new Smart Hub? 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 369 of 423

Not unless you are having problems with the HH5.

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 370 of 423

@NorthEasterner it depends on your needs and contract situation. I paid the money and in return have improved WiFi range and (so far) improved stability. The user interface is also much better but other than that there is little difference. For me those three things were worth paying for as I didn't have to commit to another 12 month contract.
0 Ratings