Message 41 of 423

Re: BT Smart Hub

Do you have to call they to order it?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 42 of 423

Smart Hub 6 was a plug in, turn on and it worked straight away.

The green light to blue was much faster than the Home Hub 5, so all was ready in one or two minutes.

The WiFi around the house is much stronger than the "5" (which for me was the point) and my house is a good test with an L shaped bit and block walls. No dropouts yet!

All devices including Sky Q connected with no issues.

The hub is about the same width and depth as the 5 but is quite a bit taller. I understand it has seven transmitters compared to the Homehub 5's three. The manual is very noddy with no mention of any extra features

I still haven't seen a BT launch, has anyone else?

In answer to the last question, I rang BT to renew my contract and they offered the new hub at the same time. Its not part of the trial.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 423

Re: HH5 replacement - New BT Smart Hub

Thanks for the feedback. Can you post a couple of photos and /or screenshots?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 423

And has your sync rate changed at all?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 45 of 423

Thanks for useful information.......At least it works.

There's no information on the HH6 on the web, or BT site.

Next thing is that it will take some time to see the pros and cons.

There's a lot of talk about femtocell for BT mobile users. We'll have to wait until the official release info to see any exact details.

Are there any details in the manual?

Needless to say, those who trial the hub cannot give out such information. May be wise to wait.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 423

been looking but cannot see the launch predicted by uswitch

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 47 of 423

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 423

You misunderstood I am looking for bt launch information about hh6 not the u switch link which just says should be announced today your link was posted days sgo

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 49 of 423

I placed an order for the Hub today as my contract was up for renewal. I was offered couple of pounds off my contract and they threw in some other little goodies. But the Smart Hub was 50 pounds plus 8 pounds postage. 

The advisor didn't tell me too much apart from its been in development for 2 years and has lots of smart features including 7 ariels, 4 Gig ethernet ports and super extended wifi range. No mention of femtocell technology but she say that there are lots of other features which will be announced soon that even she doesn't know about. A post someone else made on a different forum said that the operator confirmed to them that femtocell is indeed built in for EE and BT Mobile Customers.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 50 of 423

Even the person that actually has the new hh6 has now mentioned anything in booklet about fermtocell so maybe operator was mistaken or trying to help a sale

0 Ratings