cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

HH6 Advanced settings

I have read a lot of posts about issues with the HH6 and in most cases I can agree, I would love to use a third party router, but they fail to provide access to BT TV each time BT do maintenance on the Infinity circuits. This happens too often to use a third party router safely scheduled TV recordings are lost.

However I have just received a BT Smart Hub 6 and wanted to configure it like my BT Home Hub 5.

IP address 192.168.xxx.254 subnet 255.255.0.0

IP DHCP range 192.168.xxx.63 to 192.168.xxx.180

It accepts all this but when I want to assign an ip address to a printer, it lets me select the printer from the My Network list,

beforeloggingin.JPG

then when i click change settings and login again the screen ../000013200/gui/#/myNetwork/devices has no devices to edit!

after logging in.JPG

Is there a a known issue with this kind of setting or a work around?

TIA

Paul

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: HH6 Advanced settings

You cannot specify an IP address unless you set it on the printer itself. You cannot edit any settings from the  "my Network" screen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

if you click the green icon it takes you to a screen to see settings and some are changeable including fixing the ip address by mac address:

change setting.PNG

if you click change settings it brings up the router login page and after login you end up at a page with 0 devices as per my original post

Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you want your printer to have a particular IP address, then set it on the printer. Simples.