Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 40

HH6 Arives Monday, what have i done!

Go to solution

OK all of those people having issues with the HH6 will probably think i am Mad but after much deliberation decided to go ahead and get Infinity 1 as from 6/2/17 , of course i am a little worried to say the least. I  posted several questions on here last week regarding HH6 so thanks for all the info.

Reason i have decided to up grade?? i have normal broadband and only get speeds of 10mb [ used to be 17] , so struggle at times with all our devices TV/XBOX/2X TABLET/ INTERNET RADIO/ 2X MOBILE /yOUVIEW/ . I was informed by the nice Man at BT that there are very few issues with HH6 ! and if i wasn't happy i could always cancel , of course i told him about all the issues people were having but he was quite adamant in repeating there are few problems.

So instead of looking forward to hh6 arriving  and getting extra TV  channel's and extra line speed i am dreading it! He did say i have 14 days to change my mind and return everything but does this time limit start from when i ordered ? or when i get the equipment? Also if i do decide to put up with it can i hook up my old HH3 ? Will it work with Infinty 1? untill all problems have been sorted out.[ if ever].

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
39 REPLIES 39
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 40

Re: HH6 Arives Monday, what have i done!

Go to solution

Hi,

Don't let the problems lots of people have with the hub make you cancel your Infinity.  You could get yourself a good third party VDSL modem/router and not use the hub.

Asus, Billion, TP-Link are good and should have support for all the things you listed as using.  Prices for TP-Link start around the £30 to £40 mark depending on model.

You will also be free of all the issues that Hubs have.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 40

Go to solution

You may be fortunate and the Smarthub you receive won't suffer from the problems on this forum

As regards your Homehub 3, it will not work on Infinity with out using a VDSL modem. You can get an Openreach modem on ebay for about £20. This would allow you to connect your HH3 to the modem and Infinity would work. 

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 40

Go to solution

Hi thanks for that several people said the same thing to me last week , i have just come accross one on AmazonTP-LINK Archer C50 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router Would that one work? am i right in saying some don't work with Youview [Multicast]? sorry i am not well up on these things.

I have been looking forward to getting Fibre for some time our Village has just been upgraded , and of course the extra TV channels  as we don't get all Freeview ones due to our location.

I had to pay £59.00 am i right in saying that £50.00 is for the hh6? and if i returned it i would get a refund? If the hh6 does cause problems i won't know what  to do , if it's not just plug and play like my previous Hubs then i will be lost. 

Thanks for the info' is that  TP LINK router ok?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 40

Go to solution

No it won't work. It is only a router. You would need a VDSL Modem/router. You could get the TP-Link TD-W9970 for £30 or go for the more expensive TP-Link AC750 for £80.

Most of the VDSL Modem/routers are plug and play but if not you will need to enter the username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password can be anything. Most people us BT as the password.

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 40

Go to solution

You may be fortunate and the Smarthub you receive won't suffer from the problems on this forum

As regards your Homehub 3, it will not work on Infinity with out using a VDSL modem. You can get an Openreach modem on ebay for about £20. This would allow you to connect your HH3 to the modem and Infinity would work. 

Thanks How does that work do i connect my hh3 up to that ? would probably go down a new Router path as it is one less box to have. I have been looking at this one on Amazon reduced to £39.99 TP-LINK Archer C50 AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Router .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 40

Go to solution

No, that device won't work on its own with Infinity, it is just a router not a combined modem and router. The cheapest VDSL modem/router is the TP Link TD-W9970

Liam_
Expert
Message 8 of 40

Go to solution

Hi,

The TP-LINK Archer C50 seems to be router only.  You might be better off with something like the Archer VR600, it should have all the things you need.

MitoMan
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 40

Go to solution

have been looking at TP-Link 300 Mbps Wireless N Cable Router, Easy Setup, WPS Button, UK Plug (TL-WR841N) Ticks all the boxes price wise  as i know i will be getting some ear ache from the Missus! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Den4G
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 40

Go to solution

Just to give you hope I have been using the HH6 for a year now on Infinity 2. Has been faultless and with the best wifi coverage ever. I now use the 5GHz band exclusively througout my house - the previous HH5 was almost useless on this band.

Have faith - yours will be brilliant!