Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

HH6 Device Disconnections

Hi

Over the last few months, have been getting regular disconnects from the HH6 (not the only problem I've had...)

Apparently, any more than 5 devices is going to be an issue...

They sent a replacement HH6 and told me it would fix the problem...

Is it just me, or does this make it unfit for purpose?

Out of 4 of use, there are 3 mobiles (limited mobile data), 2 laptops, 1 chromebook, 1 tablet, 2 NowTV, 1 Satellite receiver, 1 Bluray (wired), 1 XBox, 1 Wii, 1 printer.

Anyone (besides BT) think that's excessive?

BT suggested disconnecting/reconnected as when required...

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: HH6 Device Disconnections

Hi,

Are your 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSID/networks set to the same details? Or have you split them to be different?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I have more than that connected to my HH^ without a problem  as @Dan-O said have you split networks and also selected channels manually rather than auto

you can also try changing mode fro default 1 to either 2 or 3 and see if that helps

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for replies.
@Dan-O - on initial HH6, splitting seemed to work... For a couple of weeks; BT reset it, split it again, same issues.
Was advised by BT to select specific channels and monitor - didn't really help.
First thing i did with new HH6 was split channels. Managed to get 3 devices connected to 5G - now nothing new detects it.
@imjolly - was advised by BT not to change mode...
Will try it later, but not very optimistic.
Thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@DC33

that is why wireless mode is therer with 3 options - to be used not left stuck on default

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

So I changed the channels and mode a couple of days ago... Connections dropped this morning.
BT offered to send a new HH6 (because that would obviously work) or an engineer at my (in)convenience. Would probably change a couple of settings, check its connected, then leave - only for it to drop within a couple of days.

Do i need to try each of the 30+ combinations to find one that works? Dropouts are not consistent - doesn't happen within 10 minutes, or always same device.

Never had this issue with Sky - but didn't need 2 NowTV and separate satellite receiver either.

Getting close to buying my own, reliable VDSL router - but why should i pay out for their faulty kit?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

As it appears a wifi problem not sure what an engineer visit will achieve. As I said I have a hh6 with as many if not more devices connected than you without a problem. So maybe before getting your own router try getting a new hub if for free. If still not progress then go for the cheap modem/router by tplink 9970

0 Ratings